What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

22 Likes

Del Amitri - Twisted, some cracking songs on this, their fourth album.

9 Likes

Indeed a real good album :ok_hand:

1 Like

Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother

23 Likes

After listening to the Blue Suede Shoes episode of A History of Rock and Roll in 500 songs podcast I had to spin this

Carl Perkins - Original Sun Greatest Hits

.sjb

5 Likes

La Traversee - Patricia Petibon

3 Likes

You can always tell a good album as the songs are instantly familiar and recognisable. For me, every track on the album is in this category. Good to hear others are also enjoying it :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Jacqueline du Pre - The Great Concertos: Elgar, Dvorak, Saint-Saens and Haydn.

16 Likes

Andrew Marlin – Fable & Fire
CD|2021

Folk, bluegrass. Instrumental album by one half of Watchhouse (Mandolin Orange). First listen, and enjoying so far.

8 Likes

Greg Foat - The Glass Frog. Laid-back (so far) electronically enhanced jazz from the versatile Mr Foat.

3 Likes

Stevie Ray Vaughan - 1984 - Couldn’t Stand the Weather - Label - Epic - OG Vinyl.

This is SRV’s second studio album and the follow up to Texas Flood.

PS looks like I’m following Tony this morning with this. Great minds😂

27 Likes

Mighty Poplar – Mighty Poplar
CD|2023

Bluegrass. Vocals on this one. First listen, enjoying it.

3 Likes

Some sunny summer arvo music - my favourite Neil Young On the Beach. It is actually pretty downbeat but it was the soundtrack to plenty of good times. Reprise riverboat UK vinyl.

Great cover too- the buried caddy tail fin, the newspaper headline and carrying the brolly material thru to the sleeve insides.

17 Likes

Nick Drake - 1968 / 1969 - Five Leaves Left - Label - Island - Vinyl (Back To Black 2013 Reissue)

This is Nick Drake’s debut studio album produced by Joe Boyd.

28 Likes

J.J. Cale - Shades - CD (1980)

In Memory of J.J. Cale 05/12/38 - 26/07/13

US singer-songwriter JJ Cale died of a heart attack at the age of 74. He became famous in 1970, when Eric Clapton covered his song ‘After Midnight’. In 1977 Clapton also popularised Cale’s ‘Cocaine’. The two worked together on an album which won a Grammy award in 2008.

18 Likes

Nathaniel Rateliff And The Night Sweats – South of Here
CD|2024

9 Likes

More songs that remind me of Fela Kuti than of, say, King Sunny Ade, but it’s none the worse for that. It’s also better recorded and mastered than many.

5 Likes

The (Dixie) Chicks - Fly

10 Likes

Level 42 World Machine / 2015 Polydor / Netherlands CD / 5363749

15 Likes

The Christians - Happy in Hell
End of week tunes for an intense work week, a short session before I go off to see the vampires to give them a pint.

5 Likes