What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

‘Shake it Up’ is the equal of their debut for perfectly formed super-catchy songs imo.

G

10 Likes

Malawi meets Sweden. Double vinyl.

2 Likes

Lemon Jelly Lost Horizons / 2002 XL Recordings / nighttime cover design UK CD / IFXLCD160

First full play of this new addition to the collection, sounding excellent. The quirky electronic downtempo beats with added ‘soundbites’ and random vocals create a cool and fun mix.

12 Likes

How i liked that sticker …

16 Likes

Last Cars for today. That’s been a four wheel drive.

G

7 Likes

On Vinyl:

Erasure - The Innocents

6 Likes

And the very wonderful ‘Drive South’

4 Likes

13 Likes

Top of the pops
Spain 1979

7 Likes

My CD has both the Mono and Stereo versions. Playing the Stereo.

“Critics consider Clapton’s guitar tone and playing on this album to be influential in the artistic and commercial development of rock-styled guitar playing” WIKI.

15 Likes

Melting by the hot …wishing it was december …

6 Likes

Pat Metheny Group Imaginary Day / 1997 Warner Bros / US CD / 9467912

Not played this since October last year - I forgot how good it is, sounding awesome via the 350’s.

7 Likes

Noticed a blogger on YouTube recommending this album on his list of the 10 most under rated guitarists. So I’m giving it a whirl on Qobuz. Top stuff for sure.

5 Likes

22 Likes

If you enjoyed that then check out his guitar playing on this album

9 Likes

I saw Pat touring that one - Shepherds Bush Empire I think. Even bought the t-shirt !

3 Likes

I see he’s just closed his MSG residency. A cool $260M later.

G

10 Likes

They were both very nice characters, by all accounts and extremely professional. The autobiographies written by each of them is recommended (Barbara’s can still be obtained from Jazz In Britain).

1 Like

I did see Bruford live around the time of ‘Feels Good to Me’ on which Holdsworth played. No idea if he was in the live band I saw though. ‘The’ most under rated guitarist apparently is Lenny Breau. Have to confess I’d never heard of Lenny. Interesting!

2 Likes

6 Likes