What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Father John Misty.

6 Likes

6 Likes

On my playlist for today

Alison Goldfrapp, the love invention. :smiling_face:

10 Likes

Everette Harp - In the moment

3 Likes

‘Country Life’ - Roxy Music

Relaxing on a Friday morning.

19 Likes

2 Likes

Nothing much “relaxing” about this album lol :grinning:
I thought i’d have a rock weekend this weekend, so what better way to start it with a bit of Skynyrd on a Friday morning.

10 Likes

When that LP came out, my wife was going into town, so I said ‘Can you get the new Roxy Music LP while you’re out? It’s the one with 2 girls on the cover’. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Trying to will the sun to make an appearance on this cloudy morning, by playing something that originates from warmer climes

Ali Farka Toure with Ry Cooder - Talking Timbuktu.

17 Likes

Goldfrapp, Number 1. :smiling_face:

11 Likes

The Rolling Stones - It’s Only Rock’n’Roll, a much maligned album over the years, but does include the stellar “Time Waits For No One” and Fingerprint File". Isn’t amazing after listening to an album for decades you can still hear something new. My fairly recently acquired 282 must be allowing me to hear, I assume, Ian Stewart, pummeling away on piano during “Dance Little Sister”. Never heard it so clearly. Brilliant.

17 Likes

Some live Dead before a late shift.
Chris Bellman cut, nice.

Grateful Dead
Without A Net
Rhino/Arista 2023

10 Likes

Joining you @steviebee for some Live Dead.
Perfect after gardening since 7.30 so coffee and relaxing
Greatful Dead - Europe 72

11 Likes

Carlos Santana - Blue For Salvador, some nice guitar work in evidence, on an album which frees Mr. S, from the confines of having to provide commercial success with his band.

13 Likes

Going to join @steviebee and @Tabbycat in their Dead fest.

From this fabulous box set:

12 Likes

Vivaldi x2 - La Serenissima, Adrian Chandler

First listen of this new release… very good!

8 Likes

XTC - 1982 - English Settlement - Label - Virgin - Vinyl.

This is a French 10- track LP which was released as a double album in the UK resulting in the removal of five tracks.

English Settlement is the fifth album studio album from XTC, produced by Hugh Padgham.

11 Likes

Pavel Haas Quartet - Dvorák: Quintets Op. 81 & 97

8 Likes

New Order - Music Complete - CD (2015)

11 Likes