What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

The Dead are never over

1 Like

Wow!

Steely Dan everything must go / 2003 Reprise / Japan Promo CD / WPCR11530

You’ll need the tools for survival
And the medicine for the blues

13 Likes

Fourplay Fourplay / 2014 Warner / EU version of Japan CD / 8122795714

Bob James Keyboards
Lee Ritenour Guitar
Nathan East Bass
Harvey Mason Drums

11 Likes

Downloaded last week

2 Likes

Tone Poet LP - I’ve got this on the original UA release and a Conn CD but not surprisingly, this sounds the best.

8 Likes

The neighbours are away, so playing this one LOUD. UK plum and orange label first pressing, sounds amazing… oh that dirty bass!

24 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed, on hybrid sacd. Superb.

23 Likes

Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - 1968 - Greatest Hits - Label - Motown Records ( Tamla) - OG Vinyl.

11 Likes

The Beatles Let It Be / 2003 Apple / EU CD x 2 / 0724359571324

23 Likes

Carly Simon - No Secrets

21 Likes

1st run

4 Likes

A proper prog banger. This is the 2003 Capitol Studios-mastered Rhino pressing. Gets a lot of stick but sounds OK, although I’m sure a clean 1970s pressing would be better.

22 Likes

1 Like

If I can find it my early/first press of TYA, @TheKevster, it’s yours…having now bought the AP one, I don’t need two copies.

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Inspiration @TheKevster …my original 1971 album. I’ll find the ticket @ 60p for Yes at Birmingham Town Hall. We were in the bar chatting to three of the band before the gig…like you did!

21 Likes

:heart:
A simple like heart was not enough for this post😊

3 Likes

First play for this new Craft Recordings vinyl reissue… fabulous music, great sound:

5 Likes

Wasn’t 60p for Yes…it was 70p !
I’ll have to work out what 70p in 1971 is today.

70p in 1971 is £8.59 today. Bank of England calculator. …don’t think you’d even buy the drink in the bar today, let alone a ticket for the gig!

12 Likes