What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Yes The Yes Album / 2003 Atlantic / Germany CD / 8122737882

Mine, is no disgrace, to play this again!

17 Likes

Neil Young with Crazy Horse - Ragged Glory

One of his best with Crazy Horse, guitars just sound so good on this.

12 Likes

Roger Waters - Amused to Death

Somehow I never got round to buying this one, but that’s something that will need to be rectified. Currently listening on Qobuz. It’s a jolly fine album.

16 Likes

The 4 LP 45rpm Analogue Prods version is incredible @Clive - but even the bog standard 33rpm 2-LP set is amazing. Fremer once gave it 11/10 for sound, even though he didn’t like the album…

3 Likes

Watched Green Book on TV again last night (great movie - check it out!) and Dr Shirley is on the HiFi today, courtesy of Qobuz…

Don Shirley - Orpheus in the Underworld

4 Likes

I only played this yesterday, but it’s soooo good:

5 Likes

More good, nay, great Dead from 1969…

Fillmore West, February 27th 1969
4 LP boxset
RSD 2018

7 Likes

Playing that right now. Yes, it is amazing. Well done, pal.

Edit: Love the Brazilian vibe on this.

2 Likes

Just had these recommended by a chum…

Re-licks of roots reggae classics “…with today’s sound-systems in mind…” by Mafia & Fluxy.
“All tracks feature the original artists and even the actual seventies’ vocal in some cases…”

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

5 Likes

St Germain Tourist / 2000 Blue Note / France CD x 2 / 724353367107

16 Likes

I agree, Zal was one of the great guitarists of the 70’s.
I saw SAHB at the Cambridge Corn Exchange in the early 70’s. The place was a heaving mass of sweaty bodies and the band was very very very loud lol. Cleminson’s guitar work was pure joy to watch and listen too. The killer one though was when they played “Faith healer” as an encore…that was just MIND BLOWING. I was fully expecting both the police and the council to show up and shut the gig down :smile: It was the most memorable gig i have ever been to and will never ever forget it.

3 Likes

A return to form after the dreadful Locked In album released earlier in the same year (1976)…

6 Likes

The amazing Mongolian pianist’s superb debut album…

6 Likes

Unlikely many will like this. Revisiting a random follow-on video on YouTube I saw last night after watching some Nightwish/Epica/Within Temptation type stuff.

I know of the current lead singer of Arch Enemy (Alissa White-Gluz) from other things but had never seen any of their output.

What is it with growling? I don’t mind it too much but regard it as something between theatrical and comical/farcical most of the time.

I wonder if she could belt the lyrics instead to better effect? She has a very nice non-growling singing voice at 3.45 - reminds me a bit of a Madonna track from a few decades ago.

An incredibly energetic video guaranteed to make you nauseous as it feels like being on a fairground waltzer at times. Love it visually though - huge concert/scale.

1 Like

Frank Zappa - Weasels Ripped My Flesh - CD (1970)

54 years young today, where’s the time gone.

13 Likes

CD - [AAD] Beat Goes On Records 2016 : )

Gary Burton - Something’s Coming!

<< :musical_note: >>

Gary Burton — vibraphone
Jim Hall — guitar
Chuck Israels — bass
Larry Bunker — drums

Recorded at RCA Victor Studio, New York City in August 1963

<< :birthday: >>

Happy Birthday Chuck Israels! :yum: :cake:

born on 10th August 1936 in New York City :us:

10 Likes

Nice one Alan, I like ‘Aint Too Proud To Beg’, and also the video of the title song.

1 Like

Fish: Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors 2024 Remix

Qobuz via ND5 XS2 through the Nait 50
Sounds really fabulous. My wife’s 202/200 system has no extra PS’s or non Naim cables and this 50 probably sounds as good I think…:thinking:

5 Likes

IMG_3776

1 Like

Whilst rummaging in Jazz T-Z came across this gem not played in a while. Alan Wakeman Octet (Beeb) Broadcasts 69 & 79. Cracking stuff on Gearbox as ever top-notch vinyl. Last saw Wakeman in fine form at Cheltenham a few years back in a Mike Westbrook big band.

4 Likes