What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

4 Likes

The Master

22 Likes

Running in some new cables with an old favourite. I remember buying this CD from Our Price in my local town. I’d gone in for a browse and Utopia was playing in the background. Loved Goldfrapp ever since.

Goldfrapp - Felt Mountain

19 Likes

Putting this Nait 50 through its paces.

Pink Floyd: Animals - 2018 Remix
Mrs Q is really very impressed with this little box.
Her first comment and I quote, “My Keilidh’s really like it and so does my LP12.”
:blush:

18 Likes

6 Likes

Now Playing…

Charles Lloyd - Trio of Trios

Charles Lloyd (Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Alto Flute, Tárogató, Maracas), Zakir Hussain (Tabla), Gerald Clayton (Piano), Anthony Wilson (Guitar), Bill Frisell (Guitar), Julian Lage (Guitar) and Thomas Morgan (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this morning with this beautiful Trio of Trios from Charles supported with a wonderful talented group of musicians and the music is sounding sublime!

5 Likes

17 Likes

Same here - caught Mr Wakeman with the Westbrooks too but Exeter and Torquay in my case.

2 Likes

Dream Theater: Black Clouds & Silver Linings
Special Edition Boxset

8 Likes

Walking past the Tivoli Theatre in Wimborne Minster this afternoon it would appear that Wishbone Ash are playing there in October. Tempting !

1 Like

12 Likes

‘World Machine’ - Level 42

Picked up a 1985 original copy yesterday and passed it through the Degritter. The odd crackle but more than offset by the punchy SQ.

16 Likes

Aerosmith. 2xCD. 2001.

Some of the lyrics are becoming wonderfully un-PC. Great stuff if you are in the right mood.

6 Likes

Good album!!

2 Likes

6 Likes

‘Rio’ – Duran Duran

Difficult second album? Nah, just one of the best LPs of the decade.

2024 reissue, recut at Abbey Road. John Taylor’s bass sounding superb.

17 Likes

12 Likes

Which speakers?

1 Like

Another great Tone Poet release. Hugely underrated and beautiful too.

13 Likes

8 Likes