What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon - SACD (2003)

Joining in with a bit of Floyd

27 Likes

Chris Rea - “Dancing With Strangers”.

16 Likes

Ray Lamontagne – Long Way Home
CD|2024

Listened to this a few times since it came out last Friday. Enjoyable, albeit short album.

8 Likes

Now Playing…

Ray LaMontagne - Long Way Home

Ray LaMontagne (Bass, Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Harmonica, Mbiri, Organ, Vocals), Ariel Bernstein (Drums), Jacob Rodriguez (Horn), Laura Rogers (Vocals), Lydia Slagle (Vocals), Michael Nau (Vocals), Seth Kauffman (Bass, Congas, Drums, Electric Guitar, Mellotron, Percussion, Strings, Tamborim, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… …joining @patk this morning with a second spin of the new Ray Lamontagne release and Ray and the band are sounding sublime!

6 Likes

Funny also listening first run…

7 Likes

Tracks from an unreleased Santana from the 70’s. I was lucky to see him three times once during the tour that gave us Moonflower, a couple of tracks from the gig are on the album and a couple of times during his next tour. Sensational wasn’t the word.

14 Likes

Foster the People – ‘Paradise State of Mind’

It’s exciting to see a band that had success during the original indie boom be able to make a name for themselves in this current resurgence without relying on what originally made them big and also not betraying their original sound. It’s a near-impossible balance to strike, but Foster the People do it wonderfully here. The band is back, and the album is paradise.

3 Likes

Some cracking West Coast jazz from Curtis Amy & Dupree Bolton on Katanga! Pacific/Blue Note Tone Poet vinyl. As the sleeve notes say TP aims for sonic excellence, this delivers in spades.

Great to see prolific Ipswich Town centre forward Ray Crawford on guitar, verily a renaissance man!

8 Likes

Subsonica - Terrestre
Italy 2019

2 Likes

1st run

3 Likes

Blind Pilot – In the Shadow of the Holy Mountain
CD|2024

Indie rock. Last album was 2016. First listen, early impressions are good.

5 Likes

Loving on CD
The Pixies - Doolittle

10 Likes

Two Door Camera Club - False Alarm - CD (2019)

1 Like

61BQQwNO2wL.AC
Bob Dylan 30th Anniversary Concert Celebrations.

6 Likes

One of my favourites from Madonna.

There used to be a ‘gapless’ disco mix type version where each track blended into the next - I think it was on Amazon Music for free years ago, then disappeared and I can’t find a copy to purchase anywhere (at least last time I looked).

An utterly brilliant work out album for the boring gym (cross trainer mostly for me years ago).

Was gapless the original CD ‘mix’? Do I have it?

Seeing some articles saying the non-stop version was treated as a single track for streaming revenue purposes hence why they made it ‘per track’ and split them.

6 Likes

Roger Waters

Us + Them (Live in Amsterdam, June, 2018)

Continuing with more live Roger, another outstanding show.

Watching the Blu-Ray playing through my system.

Edward

12 Likes

5 Likes

1 Like

Wonderful artist.
I bought this album - Ecuador - when on holiday in Palma a number of years back from a trader at a flea Market in the city as I had never seen it before. The album turns out to be unofficial and unreleased but sound is studio quality.

1 Like

Released last year, this an absolutely fabulous recording of Chopin’s mazurkas. Highly recommended

7 Likes