What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

I’ve got it, I don’t play it enough.

23 Likes

Tub thumping Chumbawamba won’t be everybody’s cup of Yorkshire tea for sure but this 10” vinyl of aCapella rebel songs is excellent. Equally good on Qobuz.

4 Likes

Bonny Light Horseman – Keep Me on Your Mind/See You Free
CD|2024

14 Likes

The Fugees - The Score

6 Likes

The Necks, ‘Travel’ Studio improvisation. I was introduced to The Necks as background music to write to. But they are much too interesting for that. I’ve tried them on an ex-student who dropped out of his Jazz course to take Literature. He said it’s not Jazz.

If you don’t know The Necks then give them a try.

8 Likes

The last one before Steve Hackett left

IMG_0823

Genesis - Wind And Wuthering

21 Likes

One of the great interpreters of French piano music - Pascal Roge with works by Satie

12 Likes

Is This Jazz? …
Jazz Is What We Say It Is

:laughing:

2 Likes

Ry Cooder & Taj Mahal - Get On Board - CD (2022)

17 Likes

Another from the 10” vinyl box.

2 Likes

Keeping it modern classical. Music for chamber ensemble and quadrophonic tape!

Bhakti/Jonathan Harvey.

3 Likes

He was a guitarist who admired Derek Bailey.

2 Likes

Good. Bailey was superb :ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Original Liberty stereo LP.

10 Likes

Derek and the Dominos - Live At The Fillmore, as well as EC’s guitar work, it’s always a pleasure to hear Jim Gordon’s sublime drumming.

12 Likes

IMG_2106

Qobuz HRes sounding really good.

(Edited to say I’m playing my CD rip now and it sounds better than the HiRes to me. Strange thing HiRes).

21 Likes

Concertos (for viola, orchestra and violin)/Vagn Holmboe on SACD.

5 Likes

Etta James - Tell Mama

11 Likes

Enjoying…

Ryuichi Sakamoto | ‘Opus’

Intrigued by seeing this artist recommended before in this thread, and after listening recently to this album and reading a few reviews, was compelled to give this another listen. Thanks.

Such melancholic piano chords beautifully played in difficult circumstances, this selection of Sakamoto’s work is both touching and a wonderful achievement on so many levels. One can feel Sakamoto’s love for music and an eerie sense this might be his final production recording.

A modern classical masterpiece that showcases Sakamoto’s huge portfolio and so pleased his son recorded this with/for him as a fitting celebration of his life’s work. A fitting legacy to a fine artist.

And good to see this back on top of the Qobuz streaming chart since the weekend.

Sublime…

Qobuz 24/96
ERA-1s

10 Likes

Deep Purple - Burn, my favourite Purple album.

14 Likes