What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

More from composer Robin Holloway.

Second Concerto for Orchestra.

3 Likes

Starting my with America self titled album

13 Likes

Geoffrey Bush is a vastly underrated composer. I’m a bit biased about this recording as I’m on it (as a member of the Westminster Singers….a bit of a rent-a-mob choir made up of professional singers in and around London) I vividly remember the recoding session and it was a joy to work with Hickox. Movement VI “Nocturne” is particularly beautiful and one of my favourite a Capella pieces.

2 Likes

Didn’t know about the gapless version but can believe it’s good workout music.

Also find it hard to believe Confessions on a Dance-floor was recorded almost 2 decades ago. Purchased my CD round about then and it don’t seem that long ago :upside_down_face: :hourglass:

3 Likes

10 Likes

6 Likes

One of the best in the genre, IMO…

8 Likes

Yes, almost 20 years old, where has the time gone? Pet Shop boys Please almost 40 years old I realised the other day.

2 Likes

Donald Fagen The Nightfly / 2017 Warner / Japan SHM CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / WPCR17866

The rules are changed
It’s not the same
It’s all new players
In a whole new ball game

24 Likes

Timeless Singles from The Byrds before work
The Byrds - The Original Singles 1965 - 1967 Volume 1

8 Likes

A summary for today’s stage of la Vuelta? :mountain: :smile:

2 Likes

Never really got into them until I saw them live. Loved them after that and couldn’t stop listening to them for months.

19 Likes

Pink Floyd

The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn - 2011 Remaster

Edward

18 Likes

For anyone who loves the Delvon Lamarr Trio.

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

cover

1 Like

cover
Amanda Anne Platt latest set. The last of my nights listening from yesterday.

2 Likes

Grant Green Idle Moments / 1999 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724349900325

16 Likes

Prompted by another forum member. A couple of Japanese Radio broadcasts of Ryuichi Sakamoto that I haven’t listened to in sometime. Both brilliant shows. The second one is with an orchestra as far as I am aware they have never been rebroadcast.

5 Likes