What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Unless I a mistaken yours looks like a one disc set. The one I have is 2 discs and I know there are a few different versions of the unreleased trax out there as I have a couple more.

Dave Valentin Land Of The Third Eye / 2017 Vocalion / Austria Hybrid SACD / CDSML8533

3 Likes

Aoxomoxoa/Grateful Dead HDCD.

9 Likes

The Beatles- Live At The Hollywood Bowl, perhaps more historical than musical. The remix is a definite improvement on the original lp. What do you mean, that wasn’t difficult :grinning:

10 Likes

Pink Floyd

A Saucerful Of Secrets (2011 Remaster)

Edward

15 Likes

Sade, soldier of love. :smiling_face:

16 Likes

Sade The Best Of Sade / 2000 Epic / UK CD / 5005942

Inspired by @davidng to play this.

19 Likes

Her first hit… :grinning::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Robert Plant / Alison Krauss - Raising Sand - CD (2007)

Happy :birthday: Birthday - Robert Plant - 76 today - 20/08/48

23 Likes

Still my favourite Chick Corea album. Such lightness of touch.
Graced by the wonderful Flora Purim.

Return To Forever
Light As A Feather
Polydor 1973

7 Likes

The sound is definitely an improvement on the '77 original. The cover is an atrocity though.

1 Like

That’s a good one. My RTF fave is Where Have I Known You Before.

1 Like

John Hiatt - Bring The Family - CD (1987)

Happy :birthday: Birthday John Hiatt - 20/08/52 - 72 today

John Hiatt American rock guitarist, pianist, singer, and songwriter. His songs have been covered by a variety of artists including Bob Dylan, The Searchers, Ry Cooder, Linda Ronstadt, Bonnie Raitt, Eric Clapton, B.B. King, Willie Nelson, Three Dog Night, Joan Baez, and Iggy Pop.

15 Likes

I have no idea why I bought this in 1988. Utter utter dross. No idea why I am playing it now.

3 Likes

4 years ago when I liberated my vinyl and water damaged HiFi kit from the loft this was one of the LP’s had fallen victim to my poor storage and had to go to vinyl heaven.

Until your post popped up I hadn’t even thought about this LP, I am now totally sure that I’m not missing it.

:rofl:

Joey Alexander Eclipse / 2018 Motéma / US CD / MTM0271

Joey Alexander Piano
Reuben Rodgers Bass
Eric Harland Drums
Joshua Redman Saxophone - 3 tracks

4 Likes

The Concert For Bangladesh, listening to mini Bob Dylan set, I always enjoyed this, well before fully appreciating him.

8 Likes

Totally agree, why they couldn’t just expand on the original? They should have just had the new design on the blu-ray/dvd, but I suppose they decided to tie the two together.

Looking forward to seeing Eric Bibb live at the Rye Jazz festival later this week. In the meantime chilling to sounds of the great man :grinning:

5 Likes

Paul McCartney and Wings - Band On the Run 50th, playing the main album from this edition. Nice mastering, sounds fab.

14 Likes