What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Andrea Motis - Emotional Dance

9 Likes

12 Likes

Stravinsky: The Rite of Spring & Firebird - Orchestre de Paris, Klaus Mäkelä

8 Likes

Nice. I never noticed that my (stickerless) copy was numbered. £6 from Flashback Records a few years ago. Bargain!

3 Likes

Why? On loan from a friend. Enjoying it.

steve

3 Likes

Blackfield - epon.

Yesterday I played Blackfield II, which was immediately followed by this. I’m doing the same right now. These are the only Blackfield albums I own, but they are both excellent.

9 Likes

Audioslave: Audioslave

7 Likes

Rather good release from a band from my youth

2 Likes

Sibelius: Complete Symphonies - Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra, Klaus Mäkelä

11 Likes

I’m an old Pink Floyd fan but I’ve never managed to listen to The Wall (or subsequent PF albums) all the way through.

5 Likes

It’s just the 2 I have real problems with @bhoyo.
The Wall, which I can get all the way through when the mood takes me and The Final Cut, which I just can’t listen to at all🤷🏻‍♂️
Post Waters I’m good with up to The Endless River. For me that album should have stayed on the cutting room floor, but others will no doubt disagree with both of these opinions and they should.
Music is very individual, we don’t all like the same stuff😉

2 Likes

Blackfield - Welcome To My DNA - CD (2011)

Joining @Clive in playing Blackfield, this is their third album, its slower than the first two albums, very moody and requires a few listens, its not Blackfield I nor Blackfield II, but still sounds good.

10 Likes

An uplifting and melodic Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds album (I know!). The Guardian are calling it a masterpiece. I’m increasingly starting to agree. It sounds like the best album Bowie never made on certain tracks. Wow!

Listen to the track called ‘Frogs’ and you will immediately know what I mean :heart:

10 Likes

Sorry, but I have my doubts :grin: Guardian music recommendations are often way off beam, in my experience :grinning:

Tangential this but I could have picked any one of a dozen threads to let folks know that one of my favourite shopping sites, DECCA, has 20% of everything for a few days.

Which unfortunately is going to blow a big hole in my holiday Euros…

Only one way to find out…

I’ve no idea what he’s on about in Frogs (what’s Kris Kristofferson got to do with anything?) but it sounds magnificent.

As far as I can tell, the album’s not out until Aug 30.

2 Likes

Listening to my Steven Wilson playlist for the rest of the afternoon.
Starts with Hand Cannot Erase

12 Likes

Qobuz have three tracks from Nick Cave’s Wild God today, the title track, ‘Frogs’ and ‘Long Dark Night’

5 Likes