What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Sort of see what you mean,nevertheless,I will be ordering it .

1 Like

Tried the Wild God single - mediocre lyrics, but sounds okay😁

10 Likes

Haydn. Symphony 100 and 101. Military and The Clock. Both composed 1793/4. Vinyl. Talented guy, enjoyable stuff.

" He was a friend and mentor of Mozart, a tutor of Beethoven," WIKI.

10 Likes

4 Likes

Excellent Tubby Hayes big band material.

5 Likes

As recommended by Regina Spektor on What’s in my Bag via YouTube. Brilliant album from a band I’d not heard of

2 Likes

Now playing…

Amos Lee - transmissions

Amos-Lee (Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Keyboards), Lee Falco (Drums, Percussion, Vocals), Connor Kennedy (Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Zach Djanikian (Electric Guitar, Bass, Piano, Mandolin, Saxophone, Banjo, Vocals), Mikaela Davis (Harp), Greg Leisz (Pedal Steel Guitar, Lap Steel Guitar), Jaron Olevsky (Piano, Bass, Organ, Synthesizer, Keyboards, Percussion, Vocals) and Rob Moose (Violin, Viola, Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… kicking off this morning with a second spin of Amos Lee’s latest album, released August 8th, and the music is sounding sublime!

8 Likes

Come on you lot, need to listen to some ‘now’ music :wink::joy:
This is great and all four sides are impeccably pressed!
Fontaines D.C. ‘Romance’ arrived today.

8 Likes

The latest Gillian Welch and David Rawlings set

7 Likes

11 Likes

Michael Finnissy dazzles playing his own and others’ compositions.

2 Likes

So, The Century Of The Self is not their most original-sounding album indeed but it still is a treat for everybody’s prog ears and mind, featuring lots, but not enough, of emotional guitar solos and therefore still highly recommended as Airbag’s music can still move you very deeply.

6 Likes

That won’t be on Tidal until tomorrow, apparently.

Yes think it’s released tomorrow. Only place I could get the double was Bandcamp and it arrived today.
Not an album to listen to quietly before bed though, as all theirs!

1st run

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to it. Skinty Fia was magic!

3 Likes

51Kh8qSqfuL.AC
George Thorogood and the Destroyers - The Baddest.

11 Likes

Blackfield - For The Music 2020
Geffen once again takes the lead role, with Wilson providing lead vocals on only three tracks.

6 Likes

Fabulous Blues from the late and truly great Texas legend Stevie Ray Vaughan
Stevie Ray Vaughan And Double Trouble - Soul To Soul

21 Likes