What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Kind of prefer my battered original vinyl for some reason … this certainly sounds way less crispy :rofl:

18 Likes

Watching The Prodigy at Reading on Friday night.

Blimey, just stunning … … … LOUD! … … … is there any other way?

8 Likes

Ian, what fab production! The Graham Massey/808 State influence always makes this old Manc a happy bunny.
Hope all is well.
Steve

1 Like

Immense eh?
I was very close to the bass bins on one foray. It really hurt.

2 Likes

Excellent 2CD on Jasmine Records.

5 Likes

Sorry, I fear I may have misled you there … … … I’m watching right now on iPlayer … … … still LOUD!, though … … … naturally. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Ian Carr doing a pretty good Mr Rusty impersonation !

3 Likes

Haha - I’d forgotten that was what he was called. Ah well Time for Bed!

2 Likes

Decided to stay in 1972 for this superb Mike Westbrook Quintet live album on Cadillac CD. The only ever recording of this band. Shame.

5 Likes

14 Likes

Another Stones - Exile on Main Street - an album that has it all

19 Likes

LP - Universal 2015 back to black reissue : )

Elvis Costello and the Attractions - Trust

<< :birthday: >>

Elvis Costello – vocals, guitars, birthday cake :cake: :yum:
Steve Nieve – piano, organ
Bruce Thomas – bass
Pete Thomas – drums
with
Glenn Tilbrook – vocal on “From a Whisper to a Scream”
Martin Belmont – guitar on “From a Whisper to a Scream”

Recorded at DJM studios, and Eden Studios, London in 1980

~ < < 70 > > ~

18 Likes

The LSO vols 1&2/Zappa.

A composer of wonders.

7 Likes

10 Likes

Chuffed to death to pick this up for a song earlier today at a local record fair. Sold as & definitely is Nr Mint. Great morning browsing & chatting to the dealers. Vinyl.

4 Likes

I was thinking just that when Violently Happy was on and thinking what a club type of mix it was.I never new who produced it but reading your reply.It makes sence.
A very clever album with instruments and I thought some tracks where being led by the bass guitar
Enjoy your night Steve and love to Belle x

2 Likes

Sounding great on Vinyl
Ry Cooder - Chicken Skin Music

23 Likes

John Martyn. Sunday’s Child. 1973. Also one of my favourites of Martyn’s. Includes a stunning version of the traditional song " Spencer the Rover"

Helpers include Danny Thompson, John Bundrick, and two future members of " Back Street Crawler".

16 Likes

My turntable’s on a bit of a Pharoah Sanders kick today. First was the Harvest Time box set (Luaka Bop), then Alice Coltrane - Journey to Satchidananda (Impulse) and now the Floating Points and Pharoah collab - Promises (Luaka Bop). Wasn’t much of a fan of the latter when it first came out but it’s really growing on me now.

12 Likes

Supertramp - Crime Of The Century

24 Likes