What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

I am the same with these albums. It isn’t that I don’t like Breakfast In America, it’s more that I know it too well so don’t play it for that reason. I do enjoy it and play it, but it’s rarely the first one I go to. Crime Of The Century would be my first choice.

4 Likes

Ian @Tabbycat, sorry I misguided you yesterday. I thought that you meant Cyclone when you were looking for a CD. Unfortunately Pergamon is far more expensive to get hold of on discogs, there is only one UK copy and that’s £20+.

1 Like

Another longtime Styx fan here and if Mrs QuickSticks likes the Mission I’m sure she will love this

Styx - Crash Of The Crown

As good as anything they did in their heyday IMHO

3 Likes

They Might Be Giants - 1990 - Flood - Label - Elektra - Vinyl.

Flood is TMBG third studio album and includes the single Birdhouse InYour Soul.

7 Likes

These arrived by post in the last hour…

Image note : The Blue Nile, a new set of all four vinyl albums.

Last week, was browsing the internet, checking music related things, when found news - on the official TBN website - of these recently re-released on heavy weight vinyl. Well, couldn’t resist.

“Why might anyone be interested”?
Without doubt, one of the finest canons of musical work in the last 50 years. Very much a musically thoughtful and classic example of the best of the 80’s genre. Beautiful production too.

If you haven’t already got a copy of anything The Blue Nile, start with “A Walk Across The Rooftops”, (1984). (Maybe every home should have a copy of this album in their collection). FWIW, originally recorded and released on Linn Records label.

Luckily, not working today, as booked an extra day. All of sudden, other options for the day seem uninteresting :thinking:

Happy listening ( on a Tuesday)
R

17 Likes

Supertramp - Crime of the Century

With the discussion around Supertramp, above, it had to be done. This a rip of a CD, but not a recent remaster. Really good album IMO.

26 Likes

On CD:-

515bznKWfxL._AC_1

Simone Felice - The Projector

5 Likes

Yes I looked this morning for Pergamon and eventually found a copy
I didnt buy it though as a little expensive
Will play it through YouTube as I dont stream
I imagine it will be there
Thanks Steve for your reply

2 Likes

Often the way with some CD versions IME, especially those which pre-date the digital era which, of course, BOOH does. I think you’re a fan of Hotel California and I’ve yet to hear a really good version of this i.e. one which does justice to Glenn Frey’s vocals. May be it’s just my ears :thinking:

1 Like

Stumbled across this and really enjoying it.

Arooj Aftab, Night Reign.

Nicely varied album and a gorgeous voice which has shades of Sade at times and then maybe Patricia Barber at others.

7 Likes
2 Likes

Why? A bit of nostalgia. Anyone else remember this?

steve

9 Likes

Certainly do, great band, will have to dig my versions out.

Gary

2 Likes

Great recent release 2CD on ‘Jazz In Britain’.

2 Likes

Oasis - Definitely Maybe - CD (1994)

Well no maybe’s about it, it’s definitely going to happen, they’re coming back.

17 Likes

Laura Jurd: The Big Friendly Album. I had the good fortune to catch her live at an event in Frome a few weeks ago. Excellent and prompted me to get this, her latest album. She even managed to play keyboards and cornet at the same time!

2 Likes

I have all their albums and, not planned, we once stayed in a hotel in Cornwall with their sound engineer. We used to meet the bass player from Yachts for a pint in the evenings. I have Yachts vinyl too. Motors were great.

2 Likes

Why? More nostalgia. Best Quo tribute album ever. :grin:

steve

1 Like

Oasis - (What’s The Story) Morning Glory? - CD (1995)

Continuing with Noel & Liam

20 Likes

Album 2 from Hidalgo’s (Los Lobos) side project. More challenging than Los Lobos but a rewarding listen. Uniti Core.

1 Like