What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Why? I went over to the UK a couple of weeks back and three days after returning developed a headache and dry cough that both lasted until yesterday. I’m guessing Covid but my hearing was affected. Saw the GP today and had the ears syringed for wax removal. Now trying to find whether I can hear again properly. Feeling a little bit more chipper and yes I can hear those sweet high tones.

24 Likes

Yes, some people become violent and obnoxious when drinking alcohol and/or using drugs. John Martyn had this problem. He also took both on an industrial scale.

1 Like

Paice, Ashton, Lord - Malice in Wonderland 1976
Flac rip from 1990 Japan CD reissue.

3 Likes

Ry Cooder - Paradise And Lunch

18 Likes

11 Likes

A few Tidal tasters from Nubya Garcia’s new album Odyssey. Nubya bigging up the compositional side with a wide range of styles including some with strings. Generally positive with her lovely lush tone to the fore but think I’ll have to listen to all of it to see how it hangs together.

3 Likes

Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde

17 Likes

Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band - Shiny Beast Bat Chain Puller - CD (1978)

12 Likes

Argh top track Tony an absolute gem after Scherazade my favourite Renaissance track
Seeing your post I went on YouTube and found this
Such great muscians and Annie Haslams vocals.I read somewhere that she had a 3 octave vocal range
Hope all is well with you and your enjoying your new speakers
Cheers Ian

Renaissance - Mother Russia - Live 1977

8 Likes

My favourite collection of Don VV songs.
The Dust Sucker comps (though very shoddy SQ-wise) open the door even wider on this fantastic period 1974-76.

3 Likes

Folder

26 Likes

Great uncompressed CD version of a decent BB album. Nestling between the twin high points of Sunflower and Holland, CATP is the sound of a band trying to sound, in places, like The Band and The Beatles.

Blondie Chaplin and Ricky Fataar (later a Rutle) feature for the first time, and to splendid effect.

5 Likes

Musical equivalent of film noir. Uniti Core.

3 Likes

1 Like

Paul Kossoff - Back Street Crawler.

10 Likes

If it’s any consolation the exact same thing happened to me a few weeks back, my hearing went after Covid. Was a bit frightening to be honest and it took a few weeks to normalise. Hopefully, you will fully recover. All the best.

3 Likes

Alabama Shakes – Boys & Girls
CD|2012

8 Likes

And probably realised his talent was well behind Nick’s. What I find the saddest is that Bev’s own songwriting career suffered immeasurably.

I first heard it on the John Peel Show, not been a big fan before that, but was after, Brilliant.

1 Like

Playing Workingman’s Dead from this long box of yesteryear.

14 Likes