What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

This:

21 Likes

Jerry Garcia - Run For The Roses

5 Likes

I was pipped at the post for a coveted acting job today, (at least that’s what they told me - the pipped bit and the coveted bit!) so I’m taking some solace in joining in the forum’s themes of the day, at least partially.

Obi/Japanese/niche/collector’s/Beatles and related. . . with this pair of SHM-CD.

19 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Stripped

15 Likes

Joining in the fun

The Beatles - Yesterday And Today.

12 Likes

Various - Theme Time Radio Hour With Your Host Bob Dylan - CD (2008)

6 Likes

1st run

5 Likes

Much prefer this to my first (earlier) play of Gone To Earth which is a bit too close to dolphin noises and candles burning for me (album 2). This on the other hand is perfect imo. Brilliant. Lovely SQ. Uniti Core.

10 Likes

Chilled out mid week and enjoying this

5 Likes

Staying with the Japanese releases

The Beatles - Abbey Road’ shm-cd.

21 Likes

5 Likes

Stopped me in my tracks when I first heard this and it still does almost 40 years later. Some of the most beautiful music I’ve ever heard. Still have my vinyl but playing the Qobuz stream quietly just now.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Beautiful South - The Beautiful South

I still consider the debut one of their best even though I encountered them first because of the hit ‘A little time’ on the follow up album ‘Choke’
Perhaps they got too clever and repetitive in the later years. Having said that, I miss discovering ever more albums from them/housemartins/paul heaton.

10 Likes

Van Morrison - Moondance, playing the disc of outtakes and alternative versions from the Expanded edition.

21 Likes

Hi Lorro, your post resonated with me. I have a lot of time for Nick myself. There are many albums of his that I found difficult and did not enjoy on first listen. My big brother thought i was immature and when the years of wisdom would arrive I may appreciate it. So now I try to be open at first listen and make myself listen to it another two time before discarding. Please do, I am still apprehensive on Ghosteen but perhaps I have some more growing up to do🤗

Ps I haven’t listened to Wild god yet, but read his commentary in the Sunday or Saturday Times: He tried to be positive and embrace all the bad things that happened to him.
I listened to Orpheus (abattoir blues) yesterday, also one I initially hesitated to adopt but now it is like a old house friend. But not saying you are wrong, every artist has a dud sometimes. He ho!

3 Likes

Bedtime Tunes:

The Neal Morse Band: Innocence & Danger

5 Likes

Okay,will give it another chance,hopefully can get past poor sound quality,appreciate your response.

2 Likes

cracker of an album. Great on Vinyl if you get the chance

2 Likes

Enjoying…

Eva Cassidy | ‘Live at Blues Alley’ (25th Anniversary Edition)

Magnificent voice and intimately recorded club quintet.

Such a relaxing listen.

Sublime…
Qobuz 24/44.1
ERA-1s

20 Likes

The Smiths - The World Won’t Listen

11 Likes