What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

That’s interesting. It’s funny, but there’s so many great songs out there, in all genres, with absolutely sh*t or repetitive lyrics, that I don’t pay that much attention to the lyrics. But I am definitely tired of RW’s overly deep and kind of depressing poetry. I only like about 6 or 7 songs from The Wall.
But, y’know, I am a bit weird … :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Bruce Springsteen’s Letter to You.

13 Likes

RW is not an easy listen but I like that, he can be depressing but I don’t mind that either. He questions things something that we often forget to.

I loved his retake of TDSOTM, there was passion frustration emotion and even a bit of humour (a rare thing for Mr Waters).

Mrs Pete hates him and it’s probably 50/50 with most people I know. An acquired taste.

3 Likes

Springsteen has done done and written a lot of different things.
Bob Dylan sings a song called The Chimes of Freedom and apparently it was written by Bruce S.
It’s a very meaningful song.

2 Likes

Big fan of the Boss, although I haven’t played (Letter to You) much.

1 Like

Part of what makes people, and me, dislike RW is his bizarre attitude, like he thinks he’s the most creative person on the planet. Disgustingly arrogant.
He did an interview with someone in Europe, I believe, and the things he said were absurd. He’s just so full of himself. His money and fame has gone to his head it seems.

2 Likes

I try not to listen to much what “rock stars” have to say outside the studio. They all (well most) live in a world that has no connection with you or I. And most are full of sht. :grin:

3 Likes

What more than Mr Waters ???

C’mon you’re dreamin

I’m a fan of David :+1:

Too true …

1 Like

Incorrect - chimes of freedom was written by Dylan but covered by many including Springsteen

1 Like

I’m off to watch the Swans crush GWS (on tv of course).

I’m off to my nephews bar in Enmore to watch it

Short and sweet!

3 Likes

Donald Fagen Morph The Cat / 2006 Reprise / Japan Promo CD / WPCR12246

Dedicated play today for @Debs on the 3rd year anniversary of her missing cat Morpheus.

14 Likes

Nancy Sinatra, start walkin’ 1965-1976. :smiling_face:

11 Likes

Southside, Texas, 1989.

An old favorite, from the days with my first Rotel CD player. Funny to think my silver disc is 35 years old.

17 Likes

1st run

2 Likes

Donald Fagen I’m Not The Same Without You / Sunken Condos / 2012 Reprise / Promo CD Single

Donald Fagen Miss Marlene / Sunken Condos / 2012 Reprise / Promo CD Single

8 Likes

Robyn Hitchcock, Life After Infinity, 2023.

Many thanks to the other thread for the inspiration.

4 Likes

Bud Powell In Paris / 2013 Reprise / EU version of Japan CD / 8122796419

6 Likes