What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Pet Shop Boys - Actually: Further Listening: 1987-1988 - 2CD (2018)

Original album released on this day 07/09/87

18 Likes

A mate just sent me this reccomendation…

Ebi Soda - Ugh

Jazz funk quintet from Brighton. Lots of nice breakbeat patterns and a really cool modern sound

3 Likes

I know I have your blessings listening to this Garry
Loved your comments about the cassette tape a couple of days ago…just enjoy the music
Wall Street Shuffle is great
Enjoy your weekend mate
Cheers Ian

10 CC - Sheet Music

14 Likes

My Sister Thanks You And I Thank You
The White Stripes
Third Man Records*

*US Target ed. with TMR slipmat, egad:

10 Likes

‘Songs from the Wood’ – Jethro Tull

My favourite album by the band. Steven Wilson remix – super SQ and really great packaging. Feels autumnal this evening. I’ll forgo the brace of pheasants for some cottage pie.

21 Likes

Simple Minds - live in the city of light. I originally bought this on cassette when I was at university forever ago. Loved it then and I love it now (on CD).

15 Likes

Saw Suzanne Vega in 1987 when this album came out. It still sounds wonderful. A beautifully realised collection of brilliant songs.

I loved her eponymous debut album but think this just eclipses it. Having a moment of gratitude for appreciating a turntable which brings it to life - this album does not sound the same streamed.

22 Likes

21 Likes

First rate artist who always brings enough new textures to an album. First album will always be the one for me but it’s a very high bar.

1 Like

Beth Hart – Better Than Home, on CD

Reason – got my CD555 head unit back a few months ago as was way o/due a service, and it’s now fully warmed-up, so playing some favourites to see how things have changed. Let’s just say ‘Wow’ – better in every way.

10 Likes

CD - harmonia mundi 2005 : )

Richard Boothby, Richard Campbell, Wendy Gillespie, Julia Hodgson, William Hunt, Sussanna Pell - viols

6 Likes

Cheers mate, anytime, I (we) listen to music for enjoyment, if you like a particular artiste / piece of music, do you enjoy it less if you hear it on the radio, in the car or on our system’s at home ? of course not.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, keep posting the photo’s of Ariel, love to see them.

Cheer’s Gary

1 Like

Bonobo Fragments / 2022 Ninja Tune / EU CD / ZENCD279

5 Likes

1 Like

Get where you’re coming from @Adam1
I must have played Suzanne Vega’s first album several hundred times when it came out. I still love it and play it regularly. It’s obviously got great memories for me but I really do think she managed to catch and bottle lighting twice with those first two albums.

2 Likes

Infected Mushroom - IM The Supervisor

2 Likes

The Who - My Generation US cover - Download (2014)

Can’t believe it’s 46 years since Keith Moon drummer with The Who, died of a overdose.He played on all The Who albums from their debut, 1965’s My Generation, to 1978’s Who Are You, which was released two weeks before his death.

17 Likes

Joining you Isca for some mid 1970s Tull

Loved your comments about a brace of pheasants…very in keeping with the album cover
And the cooking pot

Wishing you a good evening

Jethro Tull - Heavy Horses

17 Likes

Cheers Ian - you too!

2 Likes

Can’t really make my mind up about this or them tbh. There’s an awful lot of guitar body banging - too much really. But there’s plenty to enjoy as well. A bit more light and shade would have improved the album I think. Uniti Core.

5 Likes