What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Ratboys – The Window
CD|2023

1 Like

It’s been years, decades even, since a more than decent LL Cool J album. This is brilliant.

Q-Tip produces and plays on most of it, and it shows. Inventive and slinky. Layered and mysterious, with LL in full controlled flow.

The FORCE/ LL Cool J.

4 Likes

Your very lucky, if Mrs Q says do it, but @steviebee is right, its Nostalgia, and while I’ve come very close to purchasing previously owned audio equipment, reality sets in and I think back to why I let it go in the first place, plus it takes up valuable space, space I would rather fill with more music, in my case CD’s

Gary

3 Likes

Boy and Bear Harlequin Dream

2 Likes

Weyes Blood – And In The Darkness, Hearts Aglow
CD|2022

8 Likes

Bass culture by Linton Kwesi Johnson. Not listened to this until I read Simon Raymonde’s recommendation in HiFi Choice this month. Sounds great and reminded me about Blair Peach. As a non white person living in 1970s Britain, his death was a notable moment for me.

9 Likes

All true and full of perfectly sound reasoning and I would say, exactly the thinking that has held my finger back when hovering around the purchase button🤷🏻‍♂️

2 Likes

Giving Missy Higgins new album The Second Act another play, fast becoming Mrs Pete’s favourite

5 Likes

Dire Straits Love Over Gold

26 Likes

The Angles Face to Face.

1 Like

Why not, probably the best sounding Beatle album imo. Abbey Road remix

24 Likes

Giving Mr Gilmours new album another listen

9 Likes

Sade, the ultimate collection. :smiling_face:

20 Likes

Bob Dylan Blood in the Tracks

21 Likes

I’ve played it a couple of times now, I quite like it.

1 Like

Me too :grin:

2 Likes

Sheila Jordan, portrait of Sheila. Can’t believe this is from 1963 and was her debut album. :smiling_face:

7 Likes

On Vinyl:-

Laurie Anderson - Mister Heartbreak

9 Likes

Dave Gilmour - Luck and Strange. This is way better than I thought it might be. Been listening to it a lot over the w/e. Sounds good and beautifully packaged

13 Likes

Yes wise words
Its ironic though when you think about it though that our systems are so much better now on the audio journey then we had in the past.Yet we still pine for kit that we had and loved
A Naim 12 preamp is definitely another example.
I suppose the rose tinted glasses have to come off and you have to be realistic and appreciate its definitely not a priority…a big cash injection into the bank balance though …

1 Like