What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

I can honestly say that I have never contemplated repurchasing my first introduction to hifi.
A Bush music centre complete with vinyl wood finish. :grinning:

3 Likes

Bill Evans, Live at Art D’Lugoff’s Top of the Gate, 1968.

Listening to this classic from a DSD file, I think it improves the ambience, the people, the venue, the applause…

They were having dinner when Mr. Evans started the gig? It is amazing that a nice dinner and concert will remain in a file, in all its glorious detail, now and for ever.

The music is fabulous, the piano, the drums, the double bass… A very clear trio, so much clear that I need to find them online: Bill Evans with bassist Eddie Gomez and drummer Marty Morell.

Vivid and realistic to the point that I also have to applaud.

11 Likes

Kerys Mathews on R6 program has just started. No intro and straight in with Take 5. Majestic through the 250 and Kans.

4 Likes

I bought the new The The album (“Ensoulment”) on Friday. I’ve been a bit of a fan of Matt Johnson for a while (especially Naked Self), and this is another very strong release. It’s been on repeat play for much of today…

4 Likes

Virginia Astley. Hope in a darkened heart. 2020 rerelease from 1986.

4 Likes

Aimee Mann - “Whatever” - CD (1993)

Happy :birthday: Birthday - Aimee Mann - 64 today 08/09/60

Aimee Mann, US singer songwriter, member of Til Tuesday, solo, (1993 album ‘Whatever’).

11 Likes

The Best Of Lindisfarne: 16 Classic Tracks, a well chosen compilation that filled in a gap in my collection, until I was able to acquire the relevant albums. Still sounds great!

7 Likes

Loving this.

Love the video and sounds great on Tidal

6 Likes

3 Likes

Managed to get a copy of this for a very affordable price on Discogs. Getting hold of RC’s discs here in the UK is not easy and often expensive. I still am looking for his earlier stuff so thought this would keep me going for a bit. I managed to buy a copy of Goodbye Tiger on vinyl some years ago…from the US!.. after a post from young Pete. I am really enjoying this.

2 Likes

The Very Best Of Mick Jagger, two or three tracks exclusive to this release.

4 Likes

On CD:-

Miles Davis - Take Off: The Complete Blue Note Albums

15 Likes

Ministry Of Sound the chillout session summer collection / 2003 MOS / UK CD x 2 / MOSCD65

5 Likes

Kate Bush - Never For Ever - CD (1980)

44 years young today,

21 Likes

Nala Sinephro and her new album. Described as ambient jazz. It is the Qobuz album of the week. Also well reviewed in The Observer today.

3 Likes

13 Likes

David Gilmore -1978 - David Gilmore - Label - Harvest - OG Vinyl.

This is DG debut self produced solo album.

There is a lot of chatter here and elsewhere regarding his latest release Luck and Strange, some more positive than others. At the moment think I am going to save my self some money!

18 Likes

Sunday with Len.

G

12 Likes

Not one of Yello’s albums I normally go for but beautifully produced as ever and thoroughly enjoyable. Uniti Core.

14 Likes

Loving on CD
Lemon Jelly - Lemon Jelly

9 Likes