What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Bless you Pigpen :mending_heart:

6 Likes

Joyful in mono.

10 Likes

What: Mostly Autumn - White Rainbow

Why: Saw @GraemeBC had posted it a couple of days ago, liked the idea, had a quick read on Wikipedia fancied prog rock with a bit of Genesis x Pink Floyd, booked marked it, playing it now.

Thoroughly enjoying it, and bought it

5 Likes

The Charlatans 4th album from 1995

4 Likes

Side 1 has to one of the best sides of any album. Old 70s Vinyl. Better than the remastered stuff, some of which I have.

34 Likes

David Gilmour - About Face - CD (1984)

17 Likes

Working Week. Perfect Sunday afternoon listening. Uniti Core.

3 Likes

On Vinyl:
61e8C7DR8NL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65
Rolling Stones - Goats Head Soup

27 Likes

I am indeed a pilgrim of Fink’s music!

9 Likes

Bach. Magnificat in D major. £2 Charity shop find. Pleasant. Recorded in 1968, written in 1723.

8 Likes

3 Likes

This album has been getting loads of play in our household - one of those records that just hits the spot for both me and my better half.

Fink - Beauty in your wake - beautifully recorded and mellow. Dinked signed edition on green vinyl

7 Likes

Great voice and a fine live recording.

4 Likes

Second listen to this. It’s better than first time round and it’s definitely superior to “About Face” but I still think it’s a bit sleepy. Where’s the fire? Just a bit wouldn’t hurt…

12 Likes

Finished off yesterday’s CD session with disk 1 of the Stones live at ‘El Mocambo 1977’. Starting today with disk 2, partly because it’d be rude not to but mostly because (IMHO) it is up there with ‘Get yer ya yas out’ as their best live album.

13 Likes

Blazingly brilliant 1979 debut from the “Belgian Kraftwerk”. Not a wasted second on this one. Why it isn’t hailed as the classic it is, is a mystery. UK first pressing on Sire Records.

8 Likes

Fantastic album, Kev. Marc Moulin is an under appreciated jazz/electronic master.

2 Likes

This one’s worth a listen too, different band, same guy. Placebo - Ball of Eyes.

6 Likes

Moving on, CD of ‘Presence’ by Led Zeppelin. Not their absolute best but very, very good.

20 Likes

RIP Herbie Flowers. Great bassist, and we’ll always have this.

5 Likes