What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Inspired by @Nigel1957 … Ruth Goller - Skyllumina

4 Likes

Now playing…

Nik Bartsch’s Ronin - Awase

Nik Bärtsch (Piano), Sha (Bass Clarinet, Alto Saxophone), Thomy Jordi (Bass) and Kaspar Rast (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… a mention from @Drikus recently had me place NIK in the queue and now taking out for a spin… and has been awhile since taking Nik’s ‘Awase’ album out for a spin and he and the talented members of the quartet are sounding sublime!

8 Likes

Not much can match the joyous cacophony of the Arkestra in full flow. Sun Ra Arkestra Swirling on top notch Strut vinyl from 2020.

11 Likes

Electric Light Orchestra

Out of the Blue

Edward

22 Likes

I keep coming back to this funky, Eastern scalar groove. Listen and you’ll know why.
Glass Beams - “Mahal”

8 Likes

George Harrison | All Things Must Pass | 1970
Watched an excellent documentary about George on Sky Arts last night, so I just had to get out and play something by him

20 Likes

An experimental fusion of hip hop and jazz
Jazzamataz Volume 2 - A New Reality

6 Likes

Continuing with some more Derek Trucks

The Derek Trucks Band - Songlines, just love the gentle flute interludes.

15 Likes

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Skeleton Tree - CD (2016)

21 Likes

Had to look up ‘scalar’ - magnitude without direction?
Interesting - I’ll look this album up.

Superb album @Cmax :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

Sorry, got off on the wrong vector there! Probably should have been scaler relating to musical scale. Ironically, the word scalar meaning magnitude without direction might be a good fit.

1 Like

One of the very best from the cannon of Irish albums.

.sjb

7 Likes

Thank You, it is a superb album and can be a tough one to listen too, I lost a very close friend a few weeks ago and grief affects us all in different ways, but something happened this afternoon and just hit me hard, so had to play this.

7 Likes

Sorry to hear that, Cmax.
Hope Nick’s music has helped.

2 Likes

They all look so young, except Christie who must have been born middle-aged.

1 Like

Caribou – Andorra
CD rip | 2007

3 Likes

Hope you enjoyed it

2 Likes

Gerry Rafferty - Night Owl

14 Likes

Strangely I think of this as one of Van’s later albums and it is over 25 years old now!

Up there with his very best though.

.sjb

17 Likes