What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

A compilation with Mojo magazine of artists that inspired Jimi Hendrix

14 Likes

Tina Tuner - Foreign Affair
A guilty pleasure?

13 Likes

Craft Jazz Dispensary reissue. Absolutely fantabulous!

11 Likes

The Police - Every Breath You Take - The Singles – on CD

Retro stuff, and very interesting to read the background to their success e.g. that (the wonderful IMHO) Roxanne was initially a flop. Sounds much better on a hi-fi system than on the ‘tinny’ Sony Walkman I had back then. No ‘Sue Lawley’ on this.

20 Likes

Enjoying the latest Max Richter release, In A Landscape.

15 Likes

The Steve Miller Band - Bingo!

10 Likes

He he he… I know what you mean.

1 Like

Doyel Bramhall II - Rich Man - 2016.
His Fourth studio album with songs marking a tribute to his late father.

6 Likes

1st run, downloaded yesterday

1 Like

Emerson Lake & Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery - CD (1973)

20 Likes

Brilliant album, but poor cover design, mine and most I see for sale are ripped inadvertently when another album is placed next to it in a rack.
Similar problem with Mott (the hoople) early pressing
Much damage done by the original Sticky Fingers too

1 Like

7 Likes

Enjoying on Vinyl Live Robyn Hitchcock And The Egyptians
Gotta Let This Hen Out

7 Likes

B.B. King - His Definitive Greatest Hits.

14 Likes

All aboard. Brilliant. I have his new covers album on pre order. Someone I noticed had seen him live in the last couple of days. A treat I’ve sadly missed.

2 Likes

Do you know the youtube video meant to be his greatest performance, check out the artists in the crowd too, stunning
Martin

That’ll be me. He’s a wonder.

I have quite a lot of stuff by Adams, but not this one. ( I have Pneumonia which I like a lot.) On the strength of your comments I ordered this one today on CD. I would agree about the apostrophe.

All mastering, mixing etc now done. Just giving it a listen on 24bit/48 kHz before it goes into production:

13 Likes

Saw Costello & Nieve live on Sunday night. They were excellent. Nieve is a great foil for Costello who was in fine voice & played some excellent guitar. Amongst many highlights was a film noirish version of watching the detectives. There’s a great version on here (CD3) which I’m listening to now. Costello is a great, emotional singer of both his own and others songs. New album in November apparently. This 5 CD set is as good as live albums get I think. What a back catalogue he has. And Alison still brings the house down. Uniti core.

5 Likes