What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Sounds very well produced, I’m restless and can’t find music to settle to at the minute. Will try again soon.

1 Like

Enjoying The Stones GRRRR! tour on Sky Arts.

G

12 Likes

Isabelle Faust - Bach : Sonatas & Partitas for solo violin, vol. 1

8 Likes

Definitely was a grower :grinning:

3 Likes

As your listening to Abacab Garry
Here is a couple of live photos of Genesis from a book called One Fan To Another by an Italian photographer called Armando Gallo who was a friend of the band and Seconds Out where all his photos

Wishing you a good evening
Cheers Ian

6 Likes

Jeff Lynn and Friends
Every Little Thing 2010

7 Likes

Listening to this album from 2010 because I just thought I’d get round to it one day, so why not, only to find it is beautifully melodic. I may need to listen to some more Beach House later…

6 Likes

Enya,watermark
Enya2

11 Likes

I was on vacation when this was released….to mixed reviews. Just had my second listen, and i like it. His daughter’s vocals, i really like on this track.
Just back last night at 4am from vacation, missed the music. It impresses me these guys much older, who do not need the money keep on recording.

12 Likes

Making me feel old! I bought it new and saw them on that tour at the NEC

2 Likes

I think I also have this book or one like it, from just before the Duke album.

2 Likes

Nice laid back music…

10 Likes

Cat Stevens

Tea For The Tillerman

Edward

20 Likes

Saw a documentary last night about Bohemian Rhapsody. Be rude not to play Queen ‘A night at the Opera’.

I do have it on CD but this is the 24/96 version on Qobuz - marvelous

12 Likes

1st real run

2 Likes

Not listened to this album in a very long time. I remember liking it at the time.

Me too at Wembley Arena
I always remember it I was 16 and got back to Ealing Broadway in West London and missed the last bus back to Kingston on Thames which was a 7 mile walk but it was winter and just beginning to snow. I got back at about 2 A.M and my sister was quite worried. Yeah a great book to have in the collection
The last time I saw them was at Birmingham at the N.E.C in 1984 and my mates and I drove up.
At a service Station on route we bumped into Mike Rutherford also on route.
One of mates said are you Mike and he said yeah are you lot going to our gig ?
He was charming and signed autographs…mine said Cheers from Genesis…Mike Rutherford…I always remember he was driving a Mercedes sports car.
It was a great gig…but after that they just got so Phil Collins pop with Invisible Touch and I was getting into Hawkwind and REM and their music just didnt grab me

My first ever Genesis gig was Knebworth in 1978 I was 13 and my sister gave me a surprise Birthday present and I went with her husband
It was awesome the sound and the lightshow and a 100 000 audience
Loads of guys with long hair …beer and hash in the air
Great memory

3 Likes

10 Likes

Willie Watson – Willie Watson
CD|2024

Released yesterday. First listen, liking it so far. Style is Appalachian Music, Folk. Didn’t know this until recently, but he once was a part of Old Crow Medicine Show.

2 Likes

Something soothing. Qobuz stream.

13 Likes