What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

28 Likes

Thanks Ian, Great photo’s.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.
Gary

1 Like

What a great memory that is, and an autograph from Mike Rutherford to boot, brilliant :+1:

Gary

1 Like

Arcade Fire - Funeral - CD (2004)

20 years young today.

17 Likes

Glad you like it.

I remember you started a thread about the blues awhile ago, so when I came across this, I thought you might like it.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, agree wholeheartedly, she was one in a million, a sad loss.

Look forward to more photo’s of your fabulous Luxman D-10X SACD player :+1:

Gary

3 Likes

I have worn out copies of some Joni Mitchell albums (Blue, Hissing of SL, C&S, Night Ride Home) but have never listened to some of her catalogue. I have been reading the new book by Ann Powers about Joni Mitchell and decided to listen to Paprika Plains from Don Juan’s Reckless Daughter for the first time:

So far I am finding it a bit impenetrable. What is she singing about? Why does she sound so detached? Fascinating though.

3 Likes

Their gig at the NEC was my first ever gig and this was the tour where they launched the vari-light with its different colours and beam patterns.

I have a programme somewhere.

My sister and I went. Travelled back by train, which meant we’d long missed the last Essex Riviera express, spending many freezing hours until the early December morning at the pre-improved Liverpool St Station which was a dark, dingy, labyrinth. Broad St Station was next door but closed. The one and only time I saw it, but at least I can say I did.

2 Likes

Been a long time

10 Likes

23 Likes

More soothing music. Qobuz stream.

6 Likes

Glad your enjoying it - generally ‘hard to categorise’ means ‘original’ and I think that’s the case here

1 Like

7 Likes

Sara K., water falls. :smiling_face:

7 Likes

From Langley Park to Memphis - Prefab Sprout

13 Likes

Used to be my go to CD when I came home at 2 or 3 am after an unexciting night out…Felt like I was the only one knowing these guys. Still never met anyone who listens to this. I like it tho…

2 Likes

London Grammar, the greatest love. :smiling_face:

13 Likes

Great choice @Cmax IMO one of the best albums of the 21st century :ok_hand:

1 Like

Played it back to back Jim.

G

1 Like

A great outdoor gig:

4 Likes