What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

You and I both missing the last train or bus on that Abacab tour and a freezing cold winter
Great story and those Vari lights where impressive.
As a band they made a lot of money from them as they invested in the development of them when the company approached them for funding.
They were such a success and so many bands started using them for stage lighting.

3 Likes

Easing my way into Sunday with this first. CD 5 randomly chosen :man_shrugging:

Recording from 1997.

Edit:
Sonata D894 in G major is so beautiful it’s getting a second play.

6 Likes

Sarah Walker’s Sunday morning Radio 3 show
Her enthusiasm and background stories about the pieces shes playing are great
And as always @Clive if your listening on your 01 …Enjoy and your Sunday

5 Likes

On CD:-

Steven Wilson - The Harmony Codex

15 Likes

Emmylou Harris - 1976 - Luxury Liner - Label - Warner Bros - OG Vinyl.

This is Emmylou fourth studio album and a beautiful album for a Sunday morning.

17 Likes

Ramsey Lewis The Electric Collection / 1991 Columbia / Austria CD / 4679032

7 Likes

The Cars - The Cars - CD (1978)

In Memory of Ric Ocasek : 23/03/44 - 15/09/19

Ric Ocasek the former lead singer with The Cars was found dead in his New York City apartment, he was 75. The Cars formed in Boston in the mid-1970s by Ocasek and band-mate Benjamin Orr after they met at high school. Their early hits included ‘Just What I Needed’, ‘My Best Friend’s Girl’ and ‘Good Times Roll’. Their 1984 ballad ‘Drive’ was used as background music for footage of the Ethiopian famine, and its re-release as a single after Live Aid helped raise money for the cause.

23 Likes

1st run

7 Likes

Staying here, now CD 7:

Sonata in B flat major, D960
3 Klavierstücke, D946

7 Likes

1st run

6 Likes

Still love it after returning from holiday.

17 Likes

Neil Diamond - The Bang Years 1966-1968

Great Sunday morning CD.

6 Likes

The Alan Parsons Project - Gaudi

3 Likes

Andreas Vollenweider & Friends 25 Years Live / 2008 Kin Kou / US CD x 2 / KIN17711

4 Likes

Amy Winehouse - Frank

Someone on here reminded me that yesterday would have been Amy’s 41st birthday, so it’s a good opportunity to play some of her music. This is a great record and such a fine recording too, probably a better recording than B2B.

13 Likes

The Cars - Candy-O - CD (1979)

22 Likes

Sunday rock….

3 Likes

This is one of my favourite albums/box sets. I first heard it playing at a friends artist’s open house and I instantly fell in love with it. As a pianist she is also one of my favourites. It is personal of course and she has a gentle preciseness which I enjoy a great deal. I have tried other pianist but I always return to Ms Uchida. Her Beethoven is also wonderful.

1 Like

The Jayhawks - Hollywood Town Hall - CD (1992)

11 Likes

Anita Baker - Rature

13 Likes