What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

This one always takes me back to Martyn on Peel with his echoplex in full swing. Uniti Core.

12 Likes

Mike Oldfield - Crises.

14 Likes

Roxanne Cash, the list. :smiling_face:

10 Likes

Late night Chill…:sunglasses:

12 Likes

Nice French Neo Disco.

1 Like

Daft Punk, random access memories. :smiling_face:

14 Likes

16 Likes

Gretchen Wilson, here to party. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Listening now…
Saw a review on WSJ and was intrigued. I haven’t been disappointed.
( I miss Bobby Hutcherson)

3 Likes

Lovely Bach before leaving for work
Bach - Double Concerto in D minor
Concerto in A minor
Concerto in E major

9 Likes

Listening to Joni (and some guys called Jaco Pastorius, Pat Metheny and Michael Brecker!) while working from home on a very rainy day. Things could be worse …

15 Likes

I’ve always been intrigued by how long some of the lines from Spirit of the Age took to arrive in a track given they were in the Hawkwind Log in the Xin Search Of Space album…

9 Likes

Like this album. There’s something Bryan adds to the recipe …

14 Likes

Warren Zevon - 1978 - Excitable Boy - Label - Asylum - Vinyl ( Mofi 45rpm reissue)

This is the third studio album by WZ produced by Jackson Browne & Waddy Wachtel.

It produced five singles Johnny Strikes Up the Band, Excitable Boy, Werewolves of London, Nightmare in the Swiching Yard & Lawyers, Guns and Money and remains the best- selling album of his career.

This is 2023 reissue from Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab and is an excellent sounding record.

10 Likes

Great percussion courtesy Mickey Hart, Airto, Flora Purim, Zakir Hussain et al…

Mickey Hart
Planet Drum
360°/Universal
Reissue 2017 - (first issue on vinyl).

5 Likes

Infected Mushroom - IM The Supervisor

4 Likes

The Beatles - Abbey Road - CD (1969)

The Beatles released Abbey Road’ in the UK, today 26/09/69. The final studio recordings from the group featured two George Harrison songs ’Something’, and ‘Here Comes The Sun’.

23 Likes

16 years waiting and it is magnificent. I heard them play it on their 2022 tour at Wembley Arena but great to finally have it available

5 Likes

Amerika calling…

The Mothers of Invention
Absolutely Free
Verve UK first press

(Very pleased that the younger me didn’t trash his records! Lovely flipback in great nick.)

7 Likes

Happy :birthday: Birthday - Bryan Ferry 26/09/45

English singer/songwriter Bryan Ferry, who with Roxy Music scored the hit singles ‘Street Life’, ‘Love is the Drug’, ‘Dance Away’, ‘Angel Eyes’, ‘Jealous Guy’ and ‘Avalon’. Ferry has recorded many cover versions of other artists’ songs, including standards from the Great American Songbook, in albums such as These Foolish Things (1973).

22 Likes