What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Yes Steve I am also happy and amazed how well I looked after my early records.

Could be a little OCD helped :thinking:

ATB Graham.

2 Likes

For me, it was the cost (had to really save up for each album) and that I never went to many parties or took records on the rare occasion I did. Poor lonesome me…
LOL.

1 Like

On CD. Livening up another wet day.

7 Likes

11 Likes

The Beatles - Let It Be … Naked.

20 Likes

In July on this thread, I said I was listening to a new album by Ex-Easter Island Head called Norther, which is kind of Aphex Twin played on guitars by guys with mallets:

A member of the band has just brought out another album under the name Dialect called Atlas of Green

It is a concept album - the artist’s bandcamp page says:

“The album imagines a young musician named Green working in a future dawning era where lost signals and enduring impulses are unearthed from the sediments of technology and time.”

Both are highly recommended!

2 Likes

Same here Steve had a no party rule and of course the saving up for an album could seem like an age back in the day.

2 Likes

The Sugarcubes
here today, tomorrow next week!
One Little Indian

9 Likes

Further to the Japanese thread, ‘Complete Keynote Collection’ on Nippon Phonogram. Jumping in at LP12 with George Wettling, Coleman Hawkins and Jack Teagarden and we are back in the 1940s.

Sound is excellent for the era and pressing first rate ! Excellent notes by the late Dan Morgenstern.

4 Likes

Just received a copy of this on 180 g vinyl - thanks to @Debs for turning me on to it.

18 Likes

Sometimes it’s just more fun to play the first two PF albums on vinyl like this…

7 Likes

Latest Mojo freebie. Some nice stuff.

6 Likes

Phil Collins - Serious Hits: Live!

7 Likes

Peter Bardens - The Answer.
Not played for ages. No idea why. It’s great.

4 Likes

John Lennon - Walls And Bridges - CD (2010 remaster)

Released 50 years ago today 26/09/74 in the U.S. and on the 4th Oct 1974 in the U.K.

7 Likes

Miles Davis ‘Agharta’ CBS/Sony 2LP.

9 Likes

Fleetwood Mac - 1969 - The Pious Bird of Good Omen - Label - Blue Horizon - OG Vinyl.

This a compilation by the 1967 - I969 era Peter Green Blue Horizon (Fleetwood Mac) produced by Mike Vernon. It consists of their first four non album singles and their B sides included Albatross.

12 Likes

CD from 2016. Lovely stuff whilst working.

7 Likes

Thanks for the information, I wasn’t aware of this being released. It’s been playing on my Mu-so for the last 45 mins - haven’t tired of it yet!

1 Like

19 Likes