What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Help | 1965
I remember huge excitement getting dropped off with my brother at the local flea pit to watch Help and the Fabs on film. Happy days

18 Likes

A Robert Plant greatest hits what’s not to like

Sixty Six To Timbuktu

20 Likes

A Compilation album of artists on Relix Records
Lots of Greatful Dead related artists like Robert Hunter - King Fish and Hot Tuna
Relix Records - Sampler

5 Likes

I’ll join in the Fabfest. As energetic debuts go, this hard to beat. From the 2014 mono vinyl box set:

22 Likes

Lucky so and so, we have had heavy rain and flooding down here in the south west, putting it bluntly it’s been :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Hall and Oates. 1973. 37 mins of lovely music imho.

Pity they have fallen out.

13 Likes

Luncheonette and the ‘Silver album’ were their finest recordings imho. Started tailing off after, though War Babies was pretty good.

2 Likes

Didn’t yet find the time to download this one (preordered), so giving it a first spin now.

4 Likes

Still Corners - Dream Talk - 2024

4 Likes

Remember hearing the silver album for the first time, in a south London squat in 1975, I think - blew me away then, and still love it now. So why not?

13 Likes

I have to now pull out the original YS soundtrack, as this is the correct way to listen to the aural treat, that is “It’s All Too Much”

The Beatles - Yellow Submarine, just the one track.

16 Likes

Enjoying on Vinyl
The Cocteau Twins - Garlands

12 Likes

UK first press vinyl from 1984. Is this a work of genius or a tuneless dirge? Or a bit of both? The fact that the story takes place in real time, which is very cute, is interesting though. And Clapton, despite his “legend” status, is no replacement for Dave.

17 Likes

On your recommendation, thank you. Know the singles, not heard the others.

Saw them live just before lockdown. Very good.

10 Likes

Hope it’s not too bad for you down there, I know a lot of people are struggling with the extreme conditions.

1 Like

And @Rigsby21 the other day I was playing on guitar that gorgeous intro riff to Sara Smile.

e|--------------------------13---------
B|-13b-------------11b---------------13
G|-----12br~-10--------12/14-----------
D|--------------12---------------------
A|-------------------------------------
E|-------------------------------------

4 Likes

Paul Simon - Paul Simon.

12 Likes

Love 29 Palms.

5 Likes

We’re good thanks, this afternoon has been pretty awful with very heavy rain.

This evenings news showed some clips of Truro under a good few inches of water with cars stuck in the flooded roads. More to come over the next few days according to the weather experts.

:slightly_frowning_face:

The plug got disconnected!

1 Like