What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Split Enz,Dizrythmia

5 Likes

Just amazing - had a listen this afternoon, his sound & the music are just perfect !

Miles Davis, Johhny Coles, Bernie Glow, Taft Jordan, Louis Mucci, Ernie Royal (t)
Paul Chambers (b)
Jimmy Cobb (d)
Danny Bank (cl)
Billy Barber, Jimmy McAllister (tuba)
Jack Knitzer (bas)
John Barrows, Romeo Penque (ob)
Janet Putnam (h)
Frank Rehak (tr)
Earl Chapin, Tony Miranda, Joe Singer (fr)
Albert Block (fl)
Eddie Caine (flug)

20 Likes

1st run - a bit more like free and much less groove than before, let’s see if it can grow on me

1 Like

Goat - Goat

Good call, certainly a change of pace… added to library :+1:t2:

8 Likes

Bowie | Blackstar | 2016
I fancied this but hard to believe its 8 years old

22 Likes

I never saw ABBA live, but I think they were primarily a studio band, as this live album from 1979 demonstrates. In many ways, there’s nothing wrong with it. the two-hour setlist combines bangers with deep cuts, the girls are on top form and the band - including the late great Rutger Gunnarsson on bass – is superb. What’s missing is that wonderful, uniquely “Abbaesque” studio sheen that Bjorn and Benny’s productions had. Not a bad album by any means but not one I return to very often (I think this is only the second time I’ve played this).

11 Likes

Not seen anything from @seakayaker for a few weeks. Anyone know if he’s ok?

4 Likes

The Notting Hillbillies - Missing… - CD (1990)

15 Likes

On Vinyl. Brutal and beautiful in equal measure.

5 Likes

Chris Anderson + Sabina Sciubba
You Don’t Know What Love Is / 1998 naim / Austria CD / naimcd030

Sabina Sciubba Vocals
Chris Anderson Piano
David Williams Double Bass
Billy Higgins Percussion

9 Likes

Carpenters - The Singles 1969-1973. This LP originally belonged to my parents, but I remember listening to it a lot when I was around 12/13. I was particularly taken at the time by the guitar solo in Goodbye To Love. Oh, and that voice!

22 Likes

Frank Zappa | Hot Rats | 1969
One of my all time favourite albums from the sixties, just a redbook that sounds wonderful.

17 Likes

Booker T & The MG’s 1970 - McLemore Avenue

Instrumental covers from The Beatles Abbey Road album on a Stax Remaster.

12 Likes

Gary Numan - I, Assassin - 1982

Bit of a mad week work-wise, at last the weekend is here!

12 Likes

This one on vinyl 2LP is a bit of a find. Swings like crazy and brilliantly captures the live club atmosphere in 1972.

8 Likes

Got to love a bit of Tull.

19 Likes

Beatles, Please Please Me.

17 Likes

Most of the album which is due out 1st Nov.

6 Likes

You are fairly much spot on there. I was part of the stage crew in 79 and 81. It was good money, but nothing special to either watch or listen to. Having talked to a few “live” engineers over the years, they all have much said the same thing. Great in the studio, rubbish live. The audience though are singing along and in the moment, so don’t notice how bad they were.

4 Likes

Was thinking the same thing going through this thread yesterday. He’s probably enjoying a well deserved vacation somewhere.

5 Likes