What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Not much would tempt me away from my Roksan/Vertere but those Avids are :sunglasses:

2 Likes

On CD:-

Jimi Hendrix - First Rays Of The New Rising Sun

17 Likes

A few in the house with the flu and I’m feeling a touch Fragile. Hopefully it will come to nothing.

G

16 Likes

SRV. Was an amazing player

19 Likes

Why?

1 Like

Thomas Dolby - The Flat Earth - CD (1984)

Happy :birthday: Birthday - Thomas Dolby - 14/10/58

Thomas Dolby, solo, (1984 UK No.17 single ‘Hyperactive’), Also member of Camera Club, Lene Lovich band, as a producer worked with Joni Mitchell and Prefab Sprout.

16 Likes

Yasmin Williams - Acadia. With guest spots from Kaki King and Aoife O’Donovan, amongst others. Finger-pickin’ good. Sorry.

3 Likes

Just a feeling that the premise behind both productions could be dusted down and given a new lease of life with updated production values and special effects. Although remaking anything is probably something of a cop-out.

Taylor Swift: Evermore

10 Likes

Having thought about this, while agreeing with what you say, having seen what they did with the Thunderbird’s remake, I’ll stick to the originals :grin:

3 Likes

David Bowie Heroes - CD (1977)

David Bowie’s ‘Heroes’ his twelfth studio album, and the second installment of his Berlin Trilogy with Brian Eno (the other releases being Low and Lodger)was released today 14/10/77. Heroes continued the ambient experiments of Bowie’s previous album Low (released earlier that year) and featured the contributions of guitarist Robert Fripp. The album was later named NME Album of the Year.

31 Likes

Loving Bebop Deluxe recently.

G

10 Likes

Deadmau5 - Strobe (Layton Giordani Remix)

First listen of his new LP released last month. A remix of the original 2010 strobe.

3 Likes

I love rainy winter days, when the only option open to you is a long session in front of the system.

Nitin Sawheney helping me get through this one :grin:

11 Likes

The HU - The Trooper

After their first album, The Gereg, they’ve just released this EP of new material… first listen but yeah, it’s good. For those who liked The Gereg this will go down well I think!

2 Likes

Teramaze: Eli: A Wonderful Fall From Grace

3 Likes

An old Leon Thomas from 1972

7 Likes

David Bowie - Aladdin Sane - 1981 - UK green RCA International label issue of the the 1973 release.

NB…The green UK RCA Internationals are very good. but to my ear they have some slight compression compared to first issue UK RCA however, they are excellent value for money compared to OG Vinyl and very much worth searching out.

The International series also has modified artwork - No gatefold or lyric sheet.

26 Likes

David Bowie - Low - CD (1977)

27 Likes

Don’t know the album, but that cover is about as 1972 as it gets! Added to queue.