What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Nice line up of musicians, from Stanley to Airto.:sunglasses:

Plenty of Floyd “Pureists” out there who don’t approve of this one, but I like it so who cares…:joy:

A version of Pink Floyd: A Momentary Lapse of Reason - Remastered 2011, but not Remixed 2019😉

18 Likes

Lodger, one of my favourite studio albums from David Bowie

18 Likes

Why? Mid afternoon relaxing.

steve

5 Likes

Evergrey: Theories Of Emptiness

4 Likes

<< >>

HAPPY 84th BIRTHDAY CLIFF! :partying_face: :birthday:

Sir Cliff Richard OBE was born Harry Rodger Webb on 14th October 1940 at King George’s Hospital, Victoria Street, in Lucknow, which was then part of British India

5 Likes

@Gazza just downloaded Jeff Beck Blow by Blow DSD - what a load of rubbish my 16bit sounds much better.

But the 176.4khz version on Qobuz is the business so I had to download that.

An expensive lesson!

Yes, makes sense

1 Like

Oops……hmmn food for thought. As i did not own the Stones Let it bleed………£5.99 was pretty good at any quality above mp3. I wonder if you can get some redress from Qobuz and buy another instead as they can see you had to order the 176 version?

1 Like

Do you know I thought about that and Qobuz have been pretty good to me in the past when I had forgotten to deduct my sublime discount.

I reckoned this time it was a fool and his money.

I have the Let it Bleed Hi Res which is not bad compared with the 16 bit.

Hey ho chalk this up to experience.

1 Like

Has that got “Bilbo” in the deadwax Graham? I have one of those and the sound is excellent!

Rory Gallagher’s eponymous solo debut album. 24/96 Qobuz 50th anniversary version. Great songs, virtuoso guitar playing and well recorded. What’s not to like.

11 Likes

CD - harmonia mundi 2011 : )

Johann Sebastian Bach - Die Kunst der Fuge

Akademie für Alte Musik Berlin

<< >>

An okay version with an excellent ensemble albeit with a slight over brightness of the recording studio that produces a cold and clinical ambiance which is a shame with this quality of performance.

5 Likes

A Tribute To Ryuichi Sakamoto
To The Moon And Back
( various artistes )
Milan Records 2022

Some beauties here. I love Hildur Goðnadóttir’s remodel of World Citizen.

6 Likes

Yes Kev “Bilbo in the dead wax and it sounds very good…

3 Likes

Porcupine Tree: Deadwing

12 Likes

Linda Ronstadt, Country Collection. Uniti Nova.

9 Likes

Everything But The Girl - Walking Wounded - CD (1996)

19 Likes

TZIMON BARTO; DEUTSCHES SYMPHONIE-ORCHESTER BERLIN; CHRISTOPH ESCHENBACH - BARTOK: THE PIANO CONCERTOS

Tzimon Barto sees a problem in an all-too-mechanical approach to these two percussive works: “Even Bartók needs a supple touch. If you bang away at it, without rhythmical buoyancy, of course it will become tedious.” These recordings are his attempt at doing justice to his Bartók-ideal.

7 Likes

The new Craft LP reissue.

9 Likes