What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Cream | Goodbye | 1969
BBC - Baker, Bruce and Clapton doing their fine supergroup thing. Shortlived (just two years) but still stay strong in the memories of many of us.

A-229621-1457322908-3196

21 Likes

Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth

12 Likes

Boston - Self titled debut album 1976.
Never fails to impress even after all these years and many, many listens.

14 Likes

Enjoying on CD
Its’s got to be in the top 5 Yes albums just no duff tracks and Awaken is sublime

Yes - Going For The One

20 Likes

Clapton | 461 Ocean Boulevard | 1974
Why? Well it’s fifty years old this year and my very fine sounding anniversary SACD is now twenty years old.

22 Likes

Dead Can Dance - Spiritchaser

13 Likes

Another evening exploring 2024 releases.

1 Like

Lovely New Jazz deep groove mono original LP. Very good acoustics.

10 Likes

Can’t remember the last time I played Beck let alone Sea Change. This one seems to attract regular praise for the SQ so I thought I’d give my copy a go. The SQ is certainly great. Really enjoying the album, superb strings. Uniti Core.

18 Likes

A riff on a recent release reminded me of this old classic, so I dug it out.

1 Like

Enjoying on Vinyl
Robyn Hitchcock - Black Snake Diamond Role

5 Likes

Mickey Newbury - Frisco Mabel Joy - CD (1970)

With the original recorded version of ‘The American Trilogy’ later made famous by a certain ‘Elvis Presley’, Mickey Newbury was personal favourite of a very close friend, who recently lost his wife, so this is for you.

John & Mabel :heart:

6 Likes

1st real run, what a voice

9 Likes

Ryan Adams. 2017. I think his last real chart success. Great song writing imho.

5 Likes

24 Preludes & Fugues by Shostakovich played by Ashkenazy. Wonderful playing and recording

9 Likes

Sounding fabulous on Vinyl
The Cult - Electric

9 Likes

I have to say these Soul Jazz compilations are often excellent. This follow up to the Miami Sound 1 is no different.

4 Likes

I usually play Gris-Gris but fancied a change. Not the best SQ but good enough to catch the swampy mood. Uniti Core.

10 Likes

9 Likes

Such a gorgeous album. Her voice is just perfect.

32 years on, it still delights me every time I play it, so that’s just what I’m doing now…

19 Likes