What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

The magnificent Tago Mago on SACD. For Damo Suzuki.

16 Likes

On a (bonkers) LP. Sun Ra plus friends.

6 Likes

Actually I’m listening to the black cover CD version**, ripped and with the left-right channels transposed……as the audience would have heard it!

**story now. The LP was a 1972 Xmas pressie. I took it back to Uni in my suitcase…….yep, it came out warped. Both discs spent the whole of Spring Term under my Keletron speakers before being playable on my SP25iii in time for revision for the first year exams!!

My LP12 can still play them, fifty years later!

20 Likes

Prompted by the Deep Purple Made in Japan listeners, my personal joint first favourite live rock album. For me this does exactly what a live album should do. It is a bit raw and captures the essence of a band out on the road. It also really grabs hold of what the Bon Scott era AC/DC were all about…

AC/DC: If you want blood…

18 Likes

Just finished…

La Nef - Red Sky At Night

Seán Dagher (Vocals, Cittern), David Gossage (Flutes, Vocals), Kate Bevan-Baker (Violin, Vocals), Bill Gossage (Double Bass, Vocals), Nils Brown (Tenor Vocals), Michiel Schrey (Tenor Vocals) and Clayton Kennedy (Baritone Vocals).

Streamed on Qobuz (48/24)… I purchased tickets for my wife and I for an upcoming performance of La Nef’s ‘Sea Chanties and Songs of the Sea’ here in Seattle. I enjoyed the music so on to a second album…

Now Playing…

Le Nef - Sea Songs & Shanties

Seán Dagher (Cittern, Harmonium, Shruti Box Harmonium, Vocals), Andrew Horton (Double Bass, Vocals), David Gossage (Flute, Vocals, Percussion, Harmonium), Nelson Carter (Violin, Percussion, Vocals), Clayton Kennedy (Vocals), Michiel Schrey (Vocals) and [Nils Brown]

Continuing on this afternoon with another album from Le Nef and they are sounding mighty sweet!

3 Likes

Saw them on this tour too. Opener was 10,000 Maniacs. Memorable show.

Martyn at his experimental best? Always reminds me of Peel sessions. Martyn’s echoplex (I think that’s what he used) always sounded amazing in live session on my transistor radio. Great album. Qobuz stream.

9 Likes

Damo’s final album with CAN. Another SACD:

13 Likes

Stipe and Merchant were an item for a while.

Richter’s first remains my favourite. Beautiful music. Perfect late night listening.

7 Likes

Bedtime Tunes:
Mary Chaplin Carpenter - Stones in the Road

14 Likes

Imelda May - Life . Love . Flesh . Blood.

16 Likes

5 Likes

Mykalle: Da Pacem. Mykalle Bielinski is a Canadian singer but this album sounds very East European, similarish to Le Mystere Des Voix Bulgares in tone, with a mixture of textures that is almost new age. Absolutely beautiful and highly recommended.

81ik3XYYe9L.AC_UY436_QL65

2 Likes

Bjork Vespertine

11 Likes

Another SACD, and the third CAN album with Damo as singer…

13 Likes

A mashup between Suzi Quatro and CAN? Yes it exists – thanks to Matt Button on Soundcloud. And it’s brilliant.

4 Likes

Easing myself into a new day

Buddy Holly - Greatest Hits (streaming in 96/24 Qobuz)

8 Likes

Underworld 1992-2012 The Anthology / 2012 / UK CD x 3 / UWR000424

Fine sounding 2 CD set + bonus CD of rarities.

7 Likes

16 Likes