What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Death Cab For Cutie - Asphalt Meadows

4 Likes

The Hindu Love Gods -REM 's Peter Buck - Mike Mills - Bill Berry @ The late and great Warren Zevon

10 Likes

Because it just arrived in the post.

Bought on eBay = Not Expensive… :crazy_face:

12 Likes

Black Crowes. Compilation. CD. 2000.

One of a number of great Southern American Rock bands IMHO. Skynyrd, Allman Bros, Tom Petty etc.

9 Likes

I’m a cheapskate and just have the Sundazed mono from a few years back - it’s probably not as good as the MFSL. But I have long had an old US stereo version with a rather tatty cover that I bought second-hand and which sounds fantastic. I tracked down the US copy because at the time the only UK version was a hybrid of their first two albums.

Cream - I Feel Free, a 3cd box set comprising, studio, live and BBC sessions.

18 Likes

Hi-Res download of All Melody by Nils Frahm.

10 Likes

The Bunch - Rock On

9 Likes

All the best electronica is German, discuss. :joy:

28 Likes

Chuck Berry - The Definitive Collection

After playing the Bunch album and hearing a number of classic rock’n’ roll songs slaughtered by Trevor Lucas, I needed to hear some originals. I was going to play a vinyl Chuck Berry album but suffered a bout of CBA.

13 Likes

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures - CD (1979)

Happy Birthday Peter Hook 13/02/56 :birthday:

27 Likes

Wanted to listen to Tangerine Dream’s Force Majeure, but it doesn’t seem to be streamable (so I ordered the cd😁). This is an excellent alternative.
Klaus Schulze - X.

10 Likes

51+L3bWA+8L.AC
George Harrison - George Harrison.

16 Likes

Peter Gabriel - So - CD (1986)

Another who’s celebrating his Birthday today.

35 Likes

LVB. Violin Concerto. Vinyl. I think from 1963. Lovely stuff. Played seemingly by Henry Kissenger. (Wolfgang Schneiderhan )

14 Likes

Brilliant

3 Likes

Couldn’t decide what to listen to, then finished the Indie cryptic crosser after a long lunch out and it had a bit of a Velvets theme going on including Femme Fatale. Had to be

Flat as you can

Cause everybody knows
(She’s a femme fatale)
The things she does to please
(She’s a femme fatale)
She’s just a little tease
(She’s a femme fatale)

9 Likes

2012 - Cult With No Name // Above As Below
Chilled music for a miserable afternoon in London Town.
Cover designed by some bloke called D. Bowie and also a mate of Damien Hirst.

3 Likes

Prior to spinning Antonio’s disk this afternoon I gave the 552DRs controls a ‘wipe’ treatment, not expecting too much. The results were significant - great free upgrade.

10 Likes

I remember seeing this album sleeve in record shops in the 70’s in the days when you could only dream of just buying an album on a whim. For the young kids now on the forum it might come as a shock but there was no information in the 70’s, I remember looking at the sleeve and thinking Nico is that Nick O or Nigh Co and who is he anyway. These are things you had to find out in those days.

5 Likes