What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Debbie Harry - Deaf Dumb And Blonde

11 Likes

Kicking back to some Floyd on Mother Earth …

13 Likes

Max Richter - Recomposed by Max Richter: Vivaldi, The Four Seasons (2012)

It always amazes me how individual and different each version of, “The Four Seasons” can be. This was yet another very enjoyable one.

16 Likes

Still keeping it tidy on the wireless …

6 Likes

The Beatles - A Hards Days Night - 24 Bit USB apple Stick

23 Likes

Imelda May, life love flesh blood. :smiling_face:

16 Likes

@apye @GeoffC thanks for the correction! I played the Paris concert on the back of this. Haha, my senior moment. Sorry. :joy: Have a good day.

2 Likes

No worries @davidng as long as you are enjoying the music it’s all good. :+1:

2 Likes

Paul McCartney and Wings -Band On The Run, underdubbed, third play and really enjoying this early mix.

20 Likes

Earth Wind & Fire That’s The Way Of the World
2012 Sony / Blu-spec CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / SICP20354

17 Likes

Always a special listen, and amazing a very so few will hear her live this year…

17 Likes

<<>>

Nathaniel Adams Coles, known professionally by his stage name, Nat King Cole, died on this day in 1965

A malignant tumour in an advanced state of growth on his left lung was observed on a chest X-ray. Cole, who was a heavy cigarette smoker, had lung cancer and was expected to have only months to live. Against his doctors’ wishes, Cole carried on his work and made his final recordings between December 1 and 3 in San Francisco.

Cole entered Saint John’s Health Center in Santa Monica on December 7, 1964, and cobalt therapy was started on December 10, but Cole’s condition gradually worsened.
On Valentine’s Day, Cole and his wife briefly left St. John’s to drive by the sea. He died at the hospital early in the morning hours of Monday, February 15, 1965, at the age of 45.

Nat King Cole (1919 - 1965)

12 Likes

yellow Magic Orchestra - Solid State Survivor - CD (1979)

6 Likes

I had absolutely no idea this was today, now I am even more pleased that I played the recording.

4 Likes

Sade, lovers rock. :smiling_face:

19 Likes

Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused to Sing

I’ve just watched a short video by Rick Beato about guitar god, Guthrie Govan, which led me to playing this brilliant album. Guthrie’s playing is bewildering.

15 Likes

I love live in Paris especially a case of you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

11 Likes

Metallica - …And Justice For All (2004 remaster from the Rhino Records vinyl box-set)

Stunning. One of my favorite albums of all time. Getting to hear it like it’s new must be the greatest joy hi-fi upgrades bring.

11 Likes

Steve Hillage - The Glastonbury Experience

I received an email from Burning Shed today advising me, among other things, that there’s a new live recording from Steve, Bataclan 11.12.79. It’s released next Friday.

8 Likes