What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

7 Likes

A marriage made in heaven, Adderley & Axelrod. A terrific double CD compilation. CD rip.

8 Likes

Another superb compilation. For those, like me, who were buying rock/pop/reggae rather than jazz in our youth, compilations like this are a joy enabling us to catch up with the best of what we missed I think. Streaming of course allows us to catch upon the cheap these days. CD rip.

7 Likes

Annie Lennox: The Annie Lennox Collection

17 Likes

Bruce Springsteen - Born In The USA - CD (1984)

Feb 16th 1985, Bruce Springsteen went to No.1 on the UK album chart with ‘Born In The USA’, his first UK No.1 album. The singers seventh studio album, was the best-selling album of 1985 in the United States (and also Springsteen’s most successful album ever). The album produced a record-tying string of seven Top 10 singles.

19 Likes

Joe Sample Sample This / 2014 Warner / Japan CD / WPCR28146

Joe successfully reworks some of his best music.

5 Likes

Geoff I am going to get some Joe Sample CD 's from Ebay
Anything you would recommend ?
Wishing you a fine Friday
Thanks Ian

2 Likes

Gary Numan - Pure - Nov 2000

3 Likes

‘Animals’ - Pink Floyd

I do like this remix.

31 Likes

Remember getting the train to Waterloo and seeing the pig floating above the power station. That makes me feel old !

4 Likes

It’s Friday morning and the sun is coming out. And I am avoiding getting down to some work! This is the UK Mango issue of this wonderful record. Salsa-ering around the room on my own.

2 Likes

1993 Virgin Records vinyl release… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1: :grin:

8 Likes

Steve Hillage - Hammersmith Odeon 17/11/79

Playing this in anticipation of the Bataclan concert release next week, which was recorded 11/12/79.

7 Likes

10 Likes

Hi @Tabbycat

Thank you for the interest, apart from the one posted earlier, these are my highly recommended.

Joe Sample Rainbow Seeker

Joe Sample Carmel

Joe Sample Ashes to Ashes

7 Likes

Thanks Geoff
Will get on Ebay this afternoon and try to order them

2 Likes

Yoko Kanno/The Seatbelts - Cowboy Bebop OST 1 (From the LP Box complete collection)

By Merlin’s beard, this knocked me on my feet. I’ve been listening to the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack(s) for 25 years now and never have I heard it like this. A marked improvement over the CD and is one of the greatest sounding records I have ever heard. A true audiophile feast.

5 Likes

Superb Dub Reggae on CD from King Tubby - King Dub :two_hearts: :smile_cat:

6 Likes

The wonderful Bill Evans…

2023 Original Jazz Classics vinyl release, great stuff!!.. :sunglasses: :notes: :+1: :grin:

15 Likes

R-4373841-1363178413-8567

Because it just arrived, in the post.

Another eBay purchase… Not Expensive…!

8 Likes