What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Continuing my search into 2024 - Hi Res albums that sound better than my 16bit CD rip - not an easy task.

Recently Clapton’s 461 Ocean Boulevard and There’s One in Every Crowd were added to the list.

Now including this one to my downloads in 192khz 24bit from Qobuz.

The Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request

An overlooked album with some great songs. The guitar riff on Citadel, Bill’s ‘In Another Land’, She’s a Rainbow and 2000 Light Years From Home.

The final words go to Mick “ it’s not very good… and Keith “the album was a load of crap”.

17 Likes

Bob Dylan - Infidels - CD

Continuing with albums from 1983, its Bob’s turn

20 Likes

These two.

11 Likes

LP1 from this box set…

IMG_0742

2023 clear vinyl box set… :grin: :+1:t3: :sunglasses: :notes:

8 Likes

folder
Some Japanese jazz Grace Mahya - Love Songs for You.

2 Likes

Along with New Order’s PC&L, this was my favourite LP of that year. I had it on cassette, with loads of extra tracks, but that is long gone, sadly. Here it is on a later CBS “Nice Price” LP reissue…

23 Likes

Kimchi bloody mary

Serves 1

50ml vodka
10ml fresh lemon juice
5ml standard 2:1 sugar syrup
4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
100ml tomato juice
20ml kimchi juice or sauce
1-2 drops Tabasco, to taste

To garnish (optional)
1 piece kimchi, 1 cornichon and 1 lemon slice, all skewered on a cocktail stick
A pinch of gochugaru (AKA Korean chilli powder)

Fill a highball glass with ice. Add all the liquids and stir well to combine. Dress with the kimchi, pickle and lemon stick, sprinkle with gochugaru and serve.

8 Likes

More jazz from a wonderful UK musician Emma Rawicz, follow up to her 2022 title Incantation which is well worth a listen.

11 Likes

Ant good? Worth buying?

So did I, it did and so has mine.

Loved those extra tracks one as I recall was ‘ Three Orange Kisses From Kazan’.

2 Likes

b1dc5bb2e3492a0d551e2f5ca907cea6

7 Likes

Continuing with this sublime album…

29 Likes

Hi @Chalshus,
Well worth it IMO, nice accompaniment to the studio album with some classic Porcupine Tree tracks mixed in as well… :grin: :+1:t3:
The vinyl box set does have some QC issues though unfortunately, had to have three of the four LP’s replaced due to surface noise and loud repetitive clicking noises.
Shame really as it’s well recorded and sounds great otherwise… :notes: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks to @Bobthebuilder’s posts in various threads in this forum I got into Chet this year and it’s been really rewarding.

Thanks to all who take the time to post music that they think others may enjoy, and special thanks to those who keep the electronic thread going, it’s very much appreciated.

7 Likes

Madonna - Medellin - Madame X

7 Likes

Dire Straits

On The Night

Listing to the full concert from the Live 1978 - 1992 hires download.

Edward

20 Likes

Sandy Denny - Rendezvous - Tidal 16/44
A set of lovely songs from Sandy, beautifully sung as always, the album has a reputation for over-production, I love the arrangements personally.

13 Likes

iRadio (if I can) :crazy_face:

Ronnie Laws Solid Ground / 1999 Blue Note / UK CD / 72434985442

5 Likes

Robyn Hitchcock - Invisible Hitchcock …an album of out takes

5 Likes