What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

2023 violet vinyl release… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3: :grinning:

23 Likes

Ending the year with a bit of a classic. One of the best ever debut albums of all time I feel!

40 Likes

And, yes I know I need to dust🤣

2 Likes

BNQT: Volume 1

Terrific release from 2017; keeping my fingers crossed for a Volume 2 some day.

2 Likes

The remaining members of the Blockheads are still putting on a great live show too!

29 Likes

If not the best album of 1983, definitely the best sounding. This is the astonishing-sounding Japanese Master Sounding pressing on Sony.

32 Likes

Some Janette Mason, Wall to Wall Bowie.

4 Likes

18 Likes

Steely Dan - Everything Must Go (2003). RSD 2021 version.

It grooves along very nicely and was a good album for the Dan to bow out on.

24 Likes

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood - CD

Still plugging away at 1983 :grin:

40 Likes

Did a bit of dusting and now relaxing to PG (dark side)

27 Likes

Curved Air | Second Album | 1971
Happy New Year to everyone on here. This was another of those wonderful new bands around the late 60s early 70s, all with distinctive sounds many flying the progressive rock and or psychedelic flags that formed my musical tastes.

Many thanks to @Richard.Dane who somehow manged to moderate us all so well again in 2023!

19 Likes

Escenas/Rubén Blades (1985).

5 Likes

Very last record this year.

14 Likes

As Danny Thompson was John Martyn’s longtime bass player, had to listen to this…

12 Likes

The Beatles - Let It Be

The Glyn John Mix (from the Deluxe set)

Despite Glyn Johns’ efforts The Beatles remained unsatisfied, and were doubtful as to its commercial viability. In a final attempt to conclude the project, Phil Spector was brought in….

IMG_8468

27 Likes

And also a longtime collaborator with Richard Thompson (no relation), a founder member of Pentangle and a session musician who played with so many people. If my memory serves me well his career highlight (err) was Cliff Richard’s Congratulations.

7 Likes

Dead Can Dance - Spiritchaser

18 Likes

Justin Currie: This Is My Kingdom Now

5 Likes

Saw Pentangle at Birmingham Symphony Hall, and had a chat with Danny. His oldest bass is called Victoria!

7 Likes