What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Mozart Flute Concertos 1 and 2 sounding beautiful on CD :smile_cat:

10 Likes

Shelagh Mcdonald - Stargazer (1971). This is lovely. Thanks to @Premmyboy for the tip. Not sure how this got past me at the time.

5 Likes

ROLLING STONES - Some Girls - (Withdrawn 1978 UK 10-track LP, die-cut picture sleeve with uncensored picture inner featuring the images of Lucille Ball, Joan Crawford, Marilyn Monroe & other Hollywood stars.

25 Likes

Margo Guryan - Take a Picture. Slightly obscure first album from the very talented singer/songwriter. Mono stream from Qobuz.

6 Likes

10 Likes

Some Tom Waits while I do another round of record cleaning.

14 Likes

Nation Of Language – Strange Disciple
CD|2023

indie pop, synth-pop

4 Likes

6 Likes

On CD…

11 Likes

Risky-Korsakov: Scheherazade, Op 35 - Antonio Papago / Orchestra dell’Accademia Nazionale di Santa Ceicilia

First listen and enjoyed it!

10 Likes

Small Faces - Ogdens Nut Gone Flake - CD (1968)

18 Likes

Porcupine Tree - Nil Recurring…
2016 EP reissue on clear vinyl… :notes: :grin: :+1: :sunglasses:

10 Likes

7 Likes

The Decemberists – We All Raise Our Voices To The Air (Live Songs 04.11 - 08.11)
CD|2012

2CD set, folk rock.

5 Likes

First play of the Analogue Productions 45
Crosby, Stills & Nash

Sounds beautiful.
Nice to have Bernie’s actual signature rather than ‘just’ BG.

Havent compared to my Classic Records LP (another Bernie) yet.

17 Likes

CD2 of this 8CD box - including ‘Power to the People’.

5 Likes

Now Playing…

Sierra Ferrell - Trail of Flowers

Sierra Ferrell (Fiddle, Vocals), Billy Contreras (Fiddle), Seth Taylor (Guitar), Geoff Saunders (Bass Guitar), Aksel Coe (Drums), Seth Taylor (Electric Guitar), Mike Rojas (Piano), Geoff Saunders (Vocals) and Oliver Bates Craven (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a thank you to @patk for the mention of the newly released, March 21st, album from Sierra and she and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

6 Likes

Back when this was released it practically lived on my turntable. I adored it. Still do.
The title track still makes me tingle.

Van Dyke Parks
Clang Of The Yankee Reaper
Warner

7 Likes

2022 Kscope vinyl release… :grin: :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:

8 Likes

Just got this on vinyl…takes me way back to when I was in university and remember buying the cassette for this album and loving it…

2 Likes