What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

One of my favourite Bob tracks of recent years

Dylan
False Prophet

Love it, especially loud.

11 Likes

David Bowie - Pin Ups - CD (1973)

22 Likes

Birdy, young heart. Working silly hours today. Feels much better with music playing. :smiling_face:

9 Likes

Palehound – Eye On The Bat
CD|2023

Indie rock

1 Like

2017 De Agostini reissue, on vinyl…
It never ceases to me amaze me how good these 60’s recordings sound!.. :sunglasses: :notes: :grin: :+1:

16 Likes

My Bloody Valentine
Feed Me With Your Kiss
12" single/ep
Creation Records 1988

3 Likes

Almost missed this one - when The Coral recorded their last album The Sea of Mirrors they had enough tracks left over for this little gem.

The Coral - Holy Joe’s Coral Island Medicine Show

8 Likes

A couple of weeks back, I went to see Dylan in Fort Lauderdale on his Rough and Rowdy Ways tour. The old geezer delivered a transcendent experience.

2 Likes

A 1957 recording this time, fabulous!!

6b_29149357_0_ColemanHawkinsEncountersBenWeb

2023 Acoustic Sounds Series vinyl release… :grin: :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:

9 Likes

Birdy, piano sketches. :smiling_face:

7 Likes

A storyteller and great for relaxing to

1 Like

John Coltrane - A Love Supreme

Surely one of the finest albums ever recorded.

25 Likes

From the Joe Henderson Milestone 8CD box.

2 Likes

Listening to the track “No Quarter” a couple of times. Just brilliant, I think this and JPS’s other killer song “Black Dog” are near the top of their catalogue.

“Page has stated that the album cover was the second version submitted by Hipgnosis. The first, by artist Storm Thorgerson, featured an electric green tennis court with a tennis racket on it. Furious that Thorgerson was implying, by means of a visual pun, that their music sounded like a “racket”, the band fired him and hired Powell in his place” WIKI.

28 Likes

Joni Mitchell | For The Roses | 1972
Why? Well Joni turns eighty this year and this lovely album is well into its fifties now…

15 Likes

Melody Gardot, baby I’m a fool. Short but lovely. :smiling_face:

11 Likes

Yes,both released on the same day,it doesn’t really seem like leftover tracks,it comes across as a really good album in its own right.

1 Like

Just mopping up the Charles Lloyd catalogue.

This one from 1979 is a beautiful recording - given the period and with Patrick O’Hearn on bass and Mark Isham on synths it fell into the new age category. Which doesn’t make it a bad album.

£5 for the FLAC 16 bit download on 7digital but it messed up my server streaming system by hanging on the second track. I had to get in there download it into Audacity and re-download it - all working well now and most enjoyable.

Charles Lloyd - Pathless Paths (aka Koto)

IMG_8840

3 Likes

Goat - World Music. Swedish psych/weirdness. Excellent stuff.

3 Likes

Blur - 13.
Weekend purchase from Kendal Oxfam

11 Likes