What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Sibelius: Symphony No. 4 - The Wood Nymph- Valse Triste - Santtu-Matias Rouvali

10 Likes

3CD Collector’s Edition…

17 Likes

I know this has appeared a few times on this thread, but still a great album.
Electric Light Orchestra - A New World Record

First album to play on my new (to me) Nac 82. Loving it - bass seems to be deeper than the 72. All I can do to not get up dance and try to sing along.

23 Likes

Springsteen in Phoenix just a week ago…

9 Likes

10cc - Sheet Music - CD (1974)

Another from my youth, great times.

26 Likes

Havent played it in decades and sounding great.
The The - Infected

14 Likes

Aged 24 Simone records one of ‘the’ great debut albums. A stunning album from an artist who, with the Beatles & Dylan, is for me the most significant artist of my lifetime. Core.

18 Likes

Joni Mitchell | Blue | 1971
Why? See my earlier post.

23 Likes

Bach, Bologne, Previn, Vivaldi, Williams - Anne-Sophie Mutter & Mutter’s Virtuosi

11 Likes

Quincy Jones. Vinyl. Winner of 7 Grammys.

Behind the amazing cast of singers are some of Quincy’s usual mates, Rod Temperton, the guys from Toto etc.

Back on the Block is a 1989 studio album by Quincy Jones.[6] The album features musicians and singers from across three generations, including Ella Fitzgerald, Miles Davis, Joe Zawinul, Ice-T, Big Daddy Kane, Sarah Vaughan, Dizzy Gillespie, George Benson, Luther Vandross, Dionne Warwick, Barry White, Chaka Khan, Take 6, Bobby McFerrin, Al Jarreau, Al B. Sure!, James Ingram, El DeBarge, Ray Charles and a 12-year-old Tevin Campbell.” WIKI.

8 Likes

Kraftwerk,autobahn

28 Likes

Lindisfarne -Dingly Dell.

16 Likes

A classic…….wish i had seen them when this was released.

1 Like

Communards - Communards - CD (1986)

As its Richard Coles Birthday today 26/03/62 thought I would give this a spin.

9 Likes

I love 10cc. Sometimes you could never tell if they were being serious or taking the p!ss.

4 Likes

Chicago Line by John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers. CD ripped to Core.

9 Likes

Luckily, I did see songs from this album performed live, as I attended three or four of their famed Christmas concerts, at Newcastle City Hall. Great times when tickets were two or three quid, and you could take in a concert as part of a package with a local coach firm.

1 Like

Happy days

1 Like

Rocking out with some Whitesnake - Ready An Willing

9 Likes

Jackson Browne | Late for the Sky | 1974
This one is coming up to fifty! I loved all his early music back in the day.

13 Likes