What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Fabulous CD of Ray Charles - Ray Charles

8 Likes

Excellent series. I remember one particular observation by I think Elliot on growing up. He said he never did ( grow up) until the day he lost his Father. Something about always having someone to refer problems to.

1 Like

Natalie Merchant - Motherland
I love Natalie and this album in particular. I liked 10,000 maniacs but solo she has explored her boundaries and blossomed in my view.

15 Likes

Cheers Ian, Naxos are pretty good, although I will admit, I don’t have too many.
I have a couple of box sets from Deutche Grammophone, EMI, Decca and Sony, I must dig them out and play them.

Have a great Easter.

Gary

1 Like

We named our firstborn after Nancy and Elliot’s son.

2 Likes

Paul McCartney - Off The Ground - CD (1993)

Happy Birthday :birthday: Paul Wickens 27/03/56

British musician, singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, Paul Wickens who has worked with Paul McCartney since 1989. Wickens has also worked with Styx, The Damned, Tim Finn, Paul Carrack, Nik Kershaw, Jim Diamond, Boy George, and David Gilmour.

10 Likes

Kandace Springs, indigo. :smiling_face:

15 Likes

Tom Petty - Wildflowers, I would never dream of such a thing normally, but I have had to rip the cardboard sleeve that accompanies this album. It was so damn tight, it was always a hassle to remove the jewel case. Shame, but there we go. Excellent album though.

19 Likes

6 Likes

23 Likes

Roll on Vol.III, but for now the scintillating Walk On (On The Beach reconfigured) disc from Archives Vol.II.

15 Likes

Great Choice :+1:

1 Like

The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Debut In The Netherlands 1958.
2022 The Lost Recordings mono vinyl release… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning: :+1:

13 Likes

Corinne Bailey Rae, self titled album. :smiling_face:

11 Likes

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly.

26 Likes

Still their finest (in my not so humble opinion).

And there’s a lot of great stuff to follow (from both “Fish” and “Hogarth” eras!)

18 Likes

The film of Simone Meneze’s Metanoia album is well worth watching, and the album well worth listening to.

8 Likes

Led Zeppelin - Houses Of The Holy - CD (1973)

33 Likes

Roon radio suggestion following on from Ben Webster meets Oscar Peterson. Would never have heard it otherwise. Really enjoying.

18 Likes

From the Joe Henderson Milestone 8CD box.

11 Likes