What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly.

26 Likes

Still their finest (in my not so humble opinion).

And there’s a lot of great stuff to follow (from both “Fish” and “Hogarth” eras!)

18 Likes

The film of Simone Meneze’s Metanoia album is well worth watching, and the album well worth listening to.

8 Likes

Led Zeppelin - Houses Of The Holy - CD (1973)

33 Likes

Roon radio suggestion following on from Ben Webster meets Oscar Peterson. Would never have heard it otherwise. Really enjoying.

18 Likes

From the Joe Henderson Milestone 8CD box.

11 Likes

A wonderful live show from 1972, featuring this half hour or so Dark Star. Sublime.

10 Likes

This is one of my fav jazz albums. Glad u like it, i find the blue tone 50’s recordings are far beyond what I would expect, especially compared to 70s-80s rock albums.
There are many more albums like this in the Rudy van Gelder Blue note stable, check them out!

2 Likes

Still a great album. 80s are back in vogue, mark my words, someone will sample this sometime soon…

25 Likes

After an evening of jazz, I find myself having to eventually return to the Duke; and after a big classical section, it’s always Ravel I end up listening to. Because, like Ellington, he’s just The Greatest.

15 Likes

10 Likes

Kate Bush _Before The Dawn - CD (2016)

Tickets for Kate Bush first live shows in 35 years sold out in less than 15 minutes, on this day 10 years ago. The Before the Dawn concerts, which were booked to take place this August and September, marked the singer’s first return to the stage since The Tour Of Life in 1979. Demand was so high that the singer’s own website, as well as some ticket-selling sites, crashed as people tried to log on.

20 Likes

Garry just an update on Everhard Junction there is a new video he posted 3 days ago.
Hes moved basically and got a new loft.
Enjoy your day …last day at work today for me so on Friday mode :rofl:

1 Like

Gourgous Vivaldi - Lute and Mandolin Concertos

9 Likes

Iron Maiden

From Fear to Eternity: The Best of 1990 - 2010

Edward

8 Likes

4 Likes

One of Joe’s more obscure ones from the Milestone box set.

System still settling down after being shut down during nasty lightning storm last night - which seemed to be centred around Bordeaux as well as affecting SW UK.

John McLaughlin and Carlos Santana - Love Devotion Surrender

Original vinyl, purchased s/h in the early 80s from Geoff Nichols Music, Cotham Hill, Bristol, for £2. It was on my route back to hall, so frequently visited. Sadly, the shop is long gone.

14 Likes

So many old Bristol and Bath record shops no longer around. A shame.

I’ve got a whole bundle of ECMs from the Arnolfini, in the days when they used to do vinyl. All immaculate.

1 Like

Ryan Adams & The Cardinals - Cardinology - 2008

3 Likes