What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

20 Likes

Underworld - Second Toughest In The Infants (Remastered)

7 Likes

On LP.

7 Likes

Joe Jackson - Look Sharp! - CD (1979)

Another Fav from 1979, my original vinyl copy was on 2 10” white single’s

19 Likes

Tine Thing Helseth (trumpet and leader), Maren Ingeborg Tjernsli (trumpet), Ingrid Eliassen (trumpet), Elin Holmen Kurverud (flugelhorn), Lena Wik (horn), Heidi Solem (tuba), Astri Karoline Ellann (bass trombone), Marie Nokleby Hanssen (trombone), Ingebjorg Klovholt (trombone), Tone Christin Lium (trombone)

Good music is good music no matter what, but a little extra girl power never hurts. In observance of the story of Ethel Smyth and the critic who praised Smyth for ‘composing like a man’, tenThing knew that this had to be the title of their new album

5 Likes

Bob Dylan - Desire

24 Likes

36 Likes

Underworld - Dubnobasswithmyheadman (20th Anniversary Remaster)

11 Likes

3 Likes

Argh great band Steve
I really love Scherazade And Other Stories and I cant play Scherazade on side 2 without listening to all of it.Annies vocal are fantastic shes got a 3 octave vocal range
Happy listening
Cheers Ian

6 Likes

Live Ramones - Its Alive …1234 … :rofl: :grin: :smile_cat:

13 Likes

A two-CD compilation of music – themes and cues – from all ITC’s shows (apart from the Gerry Anderson stuff). ITC shows always had great music so this album is worth picking up if you can find it.

Composers include Edwin Astley, Ron Grainer, John Barry, Albert Elms, Robert Farnon, Roger Webb, Tony Hatch and Laurie Johnson among others. The shows? They include Department S, Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased), The Prisoner, The Zoo Gang, The Champions, The Persuaders, Jason King, The Protectors, The Return of The Saint, The Adventurer, Strange Report, The Prisoner and Man In A Suitcase, The Saint, The Baron, Danger Man and The Baron.

19 Likes

Great comp of Cuban-ish jazzy tunes.

8 Likes

I’ve been playing them quite a bit of late Ian, love that blend of folky prog, really mellow at times but with big-hitters like Rajah Khan. Magic.
Have a great evening
Cheers Steve

1 Like

Billie Holiday - All or Nothing at All

From the Firm to Billie Holiday! But it was via Ane Brun, Katie Melua and Madeleine Peyroux.

11 Likes

Various - Oliver! Soundtrack - CD (1968)

It’s 25 years ago, English composer Lionel Bart died from cancer aged 69. Wrote ‘Living Doll’ for Cliff Richard, ‘Little White Bull’ for Tommy Steele, composed the musical, ‘Oliver’ And wrote the theme song for the 1963 James Bond film From Russia With Love.

6 Likes

Sounding good on 12 " single REM - Stand

7 Likes

On CD. First listen in many years. The two Portishead related tracks are fabulous (All Mine and Motherless Child) but a few others are less so (Are You Gonna Go My Way with Robbie Williams for instance).

6 Likes

Just wonderful.

18 Likes

On 12 " single - REM - The One I Love :heart:

9 Likes