What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

I’ve not seen them since 1981…

1 Like

Glad you had a great time Wren …Such a great band and heritage they never deviated from there space rock and I watched an interview with Dave Brock and he said they have done 60 albums although to his frustration some were un official compilations and live recordings…Dave is such a good guy and its his band isnt it

I

3 Likes

This is supposedly their last tour. Go on, you know you want to! :joy: Well worth the price of admission.

1 Like

And I think that he played with Nick Drake - always a good sign.

1 Like

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Deja Vu - CD (1970)

54 years ago 04/04/70, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young went to No.1 on the US album chart with Deja Vu. The first album which saw Neil Young joining Crosby, Stills and Nash featured three US Top 40 singles: ‘Teach Your Children’, ‘Our House’ and Woodstock

23 Likes

54 years old Garry an absolute classic its just brilliant isn’t it
A reflection of the times in the USA back then and the cover is perfect
Carry On is just magic and the way it changes with the questions part
Their vocal harmonies are just spot on
Wishing you a good day mate

2 Likes

Inspired by @Cmax. Ohio would still make my hair stand on end, if I had any. CSN&Y - Four Way Street.

15 Likes

Cheers Ian, easing myself in to a busy day, hope you have a good day at work.

Catch you later mate :+1:

Gary

1 Like

Added to the listening list for later, cheers @Rigsby21 :+1:

Gary

1 Like

Louisa Stancioff, when we were looking. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Sad to read of the passing of Chris Cross of Ultravox; I have been spinning their albums over the last few days.

His obituary in The Times this morning is worth a read, and contains this amusing vignette regarding John Foxx leaving the band: “we were only two narcissists down so we still had three narcissists left - and you really only need one of those to start a band."

12 Likes

LP - Dolchess 2013 : )

<>

McKinley Morganfield was born on this day in 1913!

Birthplace: Jug’s Corner (Issaquena County) or Rolling Fork, Mississippi, USA :us:

Later to become known professionally as Muddy Waters and the “father” of modern Chicago blues.

Muddy Waters 1913-1983

21 Likes

Sue Foley, one guitar woman. :smiling_face:

7 Likes

Madeleine Peyroux - Careless Love

I do so like her version of Leonard Cohen’s Dance Me to the End of Love with which she opens this album.

18 Likes

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young -So Far. I’ve had this 1974 compilation a long time, but it’s only now that I’m starting to appreciate them more.

11 Likes

As we have our great niece with us for her Easter holiday, thought I’d give this a go…

4 Likes

Nancy Sinatra, boots. :smiling_face:

12 Likes

Recently I’ve been delving into my vinyl collection looking for LPs I haven’t listened to for a while. Having recently played Little Earthquakes by Tori Amos, I have dug out Tori’s second album, Under The Pink. I’d forgotten just how good it is.

17 Likes

unnamed-2

The Rolling Stones - Get Your Leeds Lungs Out!

A fairly intimate gig at Leeds Uni, with a real “club” feel, featuring recently recruited guitarist Mick Taylor.

Definitely up there with the best live Stones’ albums.

12 Likes

Navy & Lee
Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazlewood

13 Likes