What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

3 Likes

Dire Straits - Love Over Gold - CD (1982)

Happy Birthday :birthday: Pick Withers 04/04/48

Pick Withers, drummer, with English rock group Dire Straits who played on their first four albums, which included hit singles ‘Sultans of Swing,’ ‘Romeo and Juliet’ and ‘Private Investigations’. Withers also played drums on Bob Dylan’s 1979 album Slow Train Coming.

34 Likes

Los Lobos - Kiko - 1992 - Label - Slash Records - Vinyl Reissue - 2014 - Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab (MFSL)

Kiko is the sixth album by the Mexican / American group.

This is a difficult album to find on OG vinyl due to its limited vinyl release at the height of the 90s CD era. However, it sold more units with the exception of La Bamba than any other album in their 46 year career of original songs. It’s also a brilliant album on any format.

12 Likes

22 Likes

I suppose being in the Rolling Stones for two years at that time did qualify him as being recently recruited.

@TheKevster …great shows, great themes…I watched all of those …the Champions was especially good…memories of fantasies about Alexendra Bastedo…oooohhh.

7 Likes

@TheKevster …Love this Kev… Hope you are all good and well.

ATB Graham.

3 Likes

No idea what OG vinyl is but I do have the original release on black vinyl. Such a wonderful band. Never heard the Mofi.

Roxy Music

25 Likes

@twofifty OG is a term for original vinyl.

If you have the original 1992 vinyl on Slash records you are very fortunate.

I have never heard an original only my CD but to my ears the MoFi sounds great.

ATB Graham.

3 Likes

The Beatles - 1967-1970 (2023) edition. Only listening to the remixed tracks that do not appear as part of a previously released box set.

24 Likes

Cheers. I joined the Los Lobos fan club with the release of Will The Wolf Survive. Still my favourite.

1 Like

Iggy Pop - Lust For Life - CD (1977)

20 Likes

Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed - 1969 - Label - Decca (UK) - 1971 Vinyl.

For some reason my then girlfriend wrote her name and date May 1971 very neatly on the back cover.

Love this record for all sorts of reasons.

25 Likes

Elton John - Diamonds

10 Likes

8 Likes

29 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Black And Blue.

26 Likes

2 Likes

OMD - Dazzle Ships - CD (1983)

8 Likes