What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Now playing…

Dan Penn - Living On Mercy

Dan Penn (Vocals), Buzz Cason (Vocals), Clayton Ivey (Hammond B3, Keyboards, Strings), Marie Lewey (Vocals), Will McFarlane (Guitar), Doug Moffet (Baritone Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Michael Rhodes (Bass), Charles Rose (Trombone), Milton Sledge (Drums), Cindy Walker (Vocals) and Drew White (Trumpet).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… returning home from coffee with friends and then a 3+ mile walk with some stair climbing I’m sitting down with a bowl of blueberries, banana slices and yogurt and taking this very fine album from Dan with some fabulous musicians and they are sounding mighty sublime! Life is Sweet!

12 Likes

Sounds like it’s in a pub snd the punters are just chatting amongst themselves rather than listening, which spoils the album.

1 Like

Donald Fagen. 2012. CD. His 4th solo album, 30 years after his first. Clearly not in a rush.
I’m mildly outraged that Steely Dan are a support band for the Eagles, or for anyone really.

14 Likes

Reminds me of The Velvet Underground Live at Max’s Kansas City - recorded on a cassette from the audience. Thankfully the other live stuff on the deluxe edition is pretty good quality.

1 Like

The Stranglers - La Folie

11 Likes

I’ve not listened to the other live tracks (other than the vinyl Plumpton) on the cd which is included in the box set, yet, hopefully those will be better.

3 Likes

This is the second song by Baby Said. The two girls are the daughters of our local newsagent. I think it’s rather good.

2 Likes

IMG_3372

6 Likes

16 Likes

Woody Guthrie - Dust Bowl Ballads - 1940

Just finishing the 60th anniversary addition, released in 2000.

8 Likes

Couple of earlier posts by @Anonymoot & @Tabbycat reminded me that I hadn’t heard this for far too long. Renaissance - Ashes Are Burning.

9 Likes

Think their first single is pretty good also

Spirit | Feedback | 1972
This one hasn’t graced my cans for very many years. Fine sounding rock and psyche playing now through Grado Statement Series 1000e

7 Likes

Now Playing…

Florence + The Machine - Dance Fever

Florence Welch (Foot Stamps, Acoustic Guitar, Percussion, Piano, Vocals), Thomas Bartlett (Drums, Keyboards, Percussion, Piano, Synthesizer), Aku Orraca-Tetteh (Vocals), Bobby Hawk (Violin), Chris Worsey (Cello), David Bayley (Bells, Guitar, Percussion, Piano, Synthesizer), Eric Byers (Cello), Everton Nelson (Violin), Evan Smith (Saxophone, Synthesizer), Gillon Cameron (Violin), Ian Burdge (Cello), Ian Thomas (Drums), Jack Antonoff (Bass, Bells, Chimes, Drums, Farfisa Organ, 12 String Acoustic Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Juno, Mellotron, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Slide Guitar, Synthesizer, Tubular Bells, Wurlitzer), Joe Aukland (Trumpet), Julia Singleton (Violin), Kate Robinson (Violin), Kid Harpoon (Bass, Drums, Guitar, Percussion, Piano), Leo Abrahams (Acoustic Guitar), Lucy Wilkins (Violin), Maggie Rogers (Vocals), Marianne Haynes (Violin), Natalia Bonner (Violin), Mark Brown (Saxophone), Nicky Sweeney (Violin), Paul Burton (Trombone), Richard George (Violin), Rick Koster (Violin), Rob Ackroyd (Guitar), Sally Herbert (Strings), Steve Pearce (Bass) and Tom Moth(Harp).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Florence supported with a large number of talented musicians and the music is sounding sublime! The feet are moving…

11 Likes

Light’s fading, the rain’s returned and this fits the mood perfectly. Core.

20 Likes

Sounding good on Vinyl - The Grateful Dead - From The Mars Hotel

11 Likes

Santtu Conducts Stravinsky - Philharmonia Orchestra, Santtu-Matias Rouvali

First listen of this new release… very good

4 Likes

Ten Year After | Watt | 1970
Fab old stuff as ever from fast fingered Alvin and the boys.

14 Likes

Geetar

6 Likes

FSOL - Lifeforms
CD rip

Released in May 1994, a popular one on my first CD player for sure.

16 Likes