What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

9 Likes

2 Likes

Kev… thanks… seeing your post…joining you… :smiley:
Wishing you a fine weekend
Cheers Ian

6 Likes

CD - No One Gets Out Alive (Pre-Order) – Maggie Rose_202445201616

2 Likes

3 Likes

:rofl: and long may that continue! :smiley:

3 Likes

Mildlife - Chorus. Playing this a lot at the moment. Gilles Peterson’s “new favourite Australian band”. Synth heavy, with a disco rhythm - sounds unlikely, but it works. Highly recommended.

3 Likes

Where’s the guitar.

1 Like

Lana Del Rey, Norman Fu*king Rockwell. :smiling_face:

11 Likes

Wings - Wildlife.

12 Likes

The greatest reggae album ever? Whatever you think, it’s proof of the Tubster’s genius…

11 Likes

First spin…

2023 BN Tone Poet Series vinyl release… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning: :+1:

15 Likes

Enjoying…

Gordon Haskell | ‘Harry’s Bar’

After trying the brand new ‘Keys album and failing to be suitably impressed atm, gave the above a spin.

A couple of tracks in and finding this new artist (to me) highly agreeable. Super smooth tunes with lovely sax accompanying GH’s almost gravelly yet ‘syrupy smooth’ wide-ranging vocals. Very relaxing - great evening or early morning music imho.

Thanks again @Cmax for posting this earlier.

Sublime…
Qobuz 16/44.1
ERA-1s

4 Likes

Agreed, Gordon in Harry’s Bar is just superb, an excellent CD from a good few years ago. Enjoy.

2 Likes

The Disco Zombies a superb late 70s English punk band … and Drums Over London contains some great tunes that captures the era.

2 Likes

Apart from a rather gimmicky version of “Hey Jude” this really is a top-notch Lateef album. On Japanese CD…

5 Likes

Thanks - so consistently good I ‘favourited’ the album for future listening as well as a handful of tracks including stand out for me ‘Someone I Knew’.

Quality artist and on this album ‘competes’ closely with some of the more recent sounds from Mr Cohen and Van the Man imho.

Cheers
J

1 Like

Katherine Priddy, the pendulum swing. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Enjoying…

Ruth Moody | ‘The Garden’

Simply beautiful voice and music. Second track ‘Cold Outside’ is exceptional.

And I gather a new album ‘The Wanderer’ is in the offing for mid-May. :crossed_fingers:it at least maintains the high standard set here.

Sublime…
Qobuz 16/44.1
ERA-1s

5 Likes

Chill with Bill.

14 Likes