What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

After reading a review of this in the Guardian I thought I’d give it a listen, very good.

Fabiana Palladino : Fabiana Palladino

Following mentions of Pallas…

Pallas : XXV

5 Likes

3 Likes

Earth Wind & Fire Spirit / 2012 Columbia / Japan Blu-spec CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / SICP 20357

13 Likes

Badfinger - Magic Christian Music

If you want it come and get it….

11 Likes

Bad Company - Straight Shooter

I recall someone was playing this the other day. Having played the Firm earlier in the week, it seemed like a good idea. This is so much better than either of the Firm albums. When it came out I remember Johnnie Walker on what was then Radio 1 playing the guitar solo from Feel Like Making Love three times in a row!

19 Likes

Fink - Fink’s Sunday Night Blues Club

CD. It’s early, but the morning light is streaming in.

6 Likes

If you like that, you’ll love this.

Available as a download from Bandcamp.

Belter!

8 Likes

Carl Wilson 1981 debut album …includes the beautiful song Heaven.

4 Likes

Propaganda - A Secret Wish
Dream Within A Dream, Jewel, Dual, P-Machinery and Dr Mabuse, coupled with slick production from Trevor Horn, David Sylvian, Steve Horn and others. A slice of 80’s that sounds as good today as when I first heard it - at least that is my view :slight_smile:

12 Likes

13 Likes

Simon & Garfunkel - The Graduate - CD (1968)

56 years ago today 06/04/68 Simon & Garfunkel went to No.1 on the US album chart with the soundtrack of Mike Nichols’ movie The Graduate. The film boosted the profile of the folk-rock duo and on the strength of the hit single ‘Mrs. Robinson’, the soundtrack album rose to the top of the charts.

21 Likes

On CD.

6 Likes

Herbie Hancock Speak Like A Child / 1987 Blue Note / Japan for US CD / CDP7461362

13 Likes

<>

Gerry Mulligan was born on this day in 1927

born 6th April 1927 in Queens Village, Queens, New York :us:

Gerry Mulligan 1927-1996

14 Likes

The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots

11 Likes

On the first very day of sun after many ice ages…

7 Likes

First spin…

2022 BN Tone Poet Series vinyl release, really nice RTI pressing… :grinning: :notes: :+1: :sunglasses:

15 Likes

7 Likes

The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Jazz: Red Hot And Cool.

12 Likes